I Wonder What Opeth's Favorites Are?

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
We always write here about our favorite Opeth album and/or our favorite Opeth song.

I wonder how Mikael and the boys feel about their own work. I wonder if they've ranked their own albums, and have their own favorite songs that they've done.

You always read/hear how bands feel about other bands. They speak of who influenced them, etc. But I rarely hear bands speak about their own work in any specifics. A lot of bands use generic terms like they've "progressed", or they talk about different production teams they've used. But on a musical level, I would imagine each band member of Opeth probably looks at their own work a bit differently. Each probably has a different favorite song they've made, and each may rank their own albums a bit differently. Is any of this information already out there?

Just curious.

It's spread throughout interviews, though I don't know if anyone even has interviewed Martin Mendez or Lopez.

Here, Question 15 has a little information. I think I remember Mikael writing/saying that he occasionally puts Orchid on, but apart from that he doesn't listen to Opeth. Apart from that, I have no idea.

I really hope Anders sees this.

Originally posted by ChokingParasite
Mike always praises his latest works best. Every time there is a new album it's "The best we've ever done.".

Lol! How can you promote an album saying "Well, the
last one was better, but still... I think you should buy
this new one...." >:eek:)

But, the last thing you did is closer to you in time and
therefore you like it more. But when you look back
you might realize that "the last album" wasn't the best
one after all :eek:)

Originally posted by Blackspirit
Lol! How can you promote an album saying "Well, the
last one was better, but still... I think you should buy
this new one...." >:eek:)

But, the last thing you did is closer to you in time and
therefore you like it more. But when you look back
you might realize that "the last album" wasn't the best
one after all :eek:)

Or you could be like Darkthrone and refuse to talk about it.

hey rustymetal, cheers for posting that link to the interview that we did, :) .. it was definitely quite an eye opening interview .. and we plan on doing another one early next year, as the answers have sparked off a huge amount of new questions!! ..

i think next time round, we are gonna put something in this forum about it, if we get one sorted, and hopefully get a few questions from you lot as well :) ..