Summary of all those which-is-Opeth's-best-album threads

Minder

Demon of the Fall
Aug 19, 2002
Poland
opeth.pl
The release of "Deliverance" and all the talking about the album and comparing it to other Opeth albums suggested me one thing: Each album is new class for its own and should not be compared with others. Every album is different, every album has stress put on something else of musicians' craftsmanship. I can't name it, but I feel this. Upcoming "Damnation" will show us another face of Opeth, man I can't wait.

Don't you think we're fans of the most amazing band ever?

I can already sense the elitist tools coming to call you an asskisser.

I agree with you that each album is to be held in it's own light..but Opeth aren't my favourite artist..so I don't think we're fans of the most amazing band ever..:p

Originally posted by Masters Apprentice
I can already sense the elitist tools coming to call you an asskisser.

I agree with you that each album is to be held in it's own light..but Opeth aren't my favourite artist..so I don't think we're fans of the most amazing band ever..:p

ASSKISSER (well, I am an elitist tool) :p

Truthfully, though, Opeth is my favorite band - it's just how I feel. But I also agree each album should stand on it's own. I'm tired of the comparisons, and the talk of either Opeth being Gods or Opeth now sucking compared to their older works.

Originally posted by metalmancpa
ASSKISSER (well, I am an elitist tool) :p

Truthfully, though, Opeth is my favorite band - it's just how I feel. But I also agree each album should stand on it's own. I'm tired of the comparisons, and the talk of either Opeth being Gods or Opeth now sucking compared to their older works.

Indeed..

Originally posted by Minder
The release of "Deliverance" and all the talking about the album and comparing it to other Opeth albums suggested me one thing: Each album is new class for its own and should not be compared with others. Every album is different, every album has stress put on something else of musicians' craftsmanship. I can't name it, but I feel this. Upcoming "Damnation" will show us another face of Opeth, man I can't wait.

Don't you think we're fans of the most amazing band ever?

I said this same statement about two weeks ago...