"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Back in germany guys! During my flight home, I took the chance to listen to the album a few times again (since I haven't listened to for 3 weeks) and here is my final opinion:

It's a solid album but I think there's no really good song on it. My favourite song is Widdershins which has a great atmosphere and a cool chorus.
I Hurt has a cool intro but the rest is... meh.
My Bodom completely sucks.
Morrigan is a solid song. Somewhere between not worth to listen and really good.
Horns also sucks, but I kinda like the segue at 1:16 and the riff which comes next. But that sounds good only there.
Prayer for the afflicted is good till 0:45. The rest is too boring.
IWC is without any question the weakest song on the album.
Hold Your Tongue is a solid song with a cool chorus but that's all.
Suicide Bomber has a really good atmosphere. It could be the best song on the album if there weren't that boring verse and lame solo.
All for nothing was cool at the beginning but after 3 listens, it's boring as fuck with lame solos.

What annoys me most is that there's again no good solo on the album. They had awesome solos on the first 4 albums but since BD Alexi only had two really good solos and both are on RRF.
The guitar tone is ok on IWC and so are the keys, but the drums kinda suck to. Boring, repetitive, bad mixing.
After BD, IWC their worst album till now.

I'm waiting for the next one.

Same, haven't listend to this one for 2-3 weeks now and probably won't other than the occational listen to All for Nothing. I used to think of RRF as the lowpoint of CoB but no, IWC takes the spot, quite easily too.

Bring on the next one!

I feel sorry for you guys if you're honestly already waiting for a next album. To me this album gives no reason to wait for another one.

It appears my time as Bodom philosopher is done. The last three albums were such anti-climax. I have my own artistic project to focus on, and with it I don't have to pray that some beer brothers care to listen what I think.

I would be more polite if the COB guys actually listened to me or at least replied here, but since they made it clear years ago they don't give a fuck, then... I see no point in being their "sincere source of feedback" if they go the opposite direction of what I think. It was exciting in the past especially as they took a few ideas from me, but with IWC they decided to fuck it, so... There's a time for everything.

I feel sorry for you guys if you're honestly already waiting for a next album. To me this album gives no reason to wait for another one.

It appears my time as Bodom philosopher is done. The last three albums were such anti-climax. I have my own artistic project to focus on, and with it I don't have to pray that some beer brothers care to listen what I think.

I would be more polite if the COB guys actually listened to me or at least replied here, but since they made it clear years ago they don't give a fuck, then... I see no point in being their "sincere source of feedback" if they go the opposite direction of what I think. It was exciting in the past especially as they took a few ideas from me, but with IWC they decided to fuck it, so... There's a time for everything.
So you're going to leave this forum forever for the 10th time?

So you're going to leave this forum forever for the 10th time?

Holy fuck, I just recognized your avatar! I've been listening to Equilibrium since 2012 after finding a comment on some Wintersun Time II Trailer video recommending them (Said comment was actually posted by you IIRC :D), but I never realized your avatar was one of their album covers!

Yeah, it doesn't get much better with next listens. I is not a tragedy, but I don't really like it.
Luckily Disarmonia Mundi released album recently, so thats my melo-death fix for 2015.

I listened to a couple songs this morning on my commute to work. It was alright. I've been listening to the new Stratovarius and Amberian Dawn albums.

Strato's album at least is already old :D Not that it ain't good. Especially My Eternal Dream, In my Line of Work and The Lost Saga are great.

Strato's album at least is already old :D Not that it ain't good. Especially My Eternal Dream, In my Line of Work and The Lost Saga are great.
The Lost Saga divides the fans at it seems, many old-school-fans don't like the lyrics. I think it's really amazing, and it's great to see them play it live.

Totally agree! With each new album, they manage to sound totally fresh and innovative, while still sticking to their power metal roots. Each of their four latest albums had a unique feeling, sound and direction, but also had everything that "makes" them - and makes them one of the best power metal bands.
New COB sounded... well, maybe uninspired to me? Not as bad as many around here judge it, but not much better either.

Quite an animated crowd for Europeans.

They still haven't gotten some cool yellow bass drum heads?

I Worship Chaos from the same concert they payed faster though. Weird that they would play both I Hurt and IWC in the same concert. Both are good live songs. But from the crowd reaction it seems they like IWC better.

They should be playing Horns and Prayer, why are they not doing that...? Well, not sure if any of the songs on this album will last on their set.

I have to compare the change of sound to motor sport.

F1 changed from V10 to V8, that was like Bodom evolving from FTR to Blooddrunk.

But with I Worship Chaos it's like how F1 changed to V6. It sounds lower tone, but it's slower and weaker and less exciting. In the music volume is the same but in a way it's like being more quiet as the music draws less attention now, in my opinion.

I'm sorry but I have to make that comparison, I'm sure Janne and Alexi will understand. I wish the thrill came back, just like the thrill of V10 engines with the intergalactic metro blasting across the tarmac like a missile. Just go back to D and drop C tuning and create the heaviness with the music instead of pitch. I think it has become too much about Alexi's guitar, while the rest of the instruments could be used more in the creation of an interesting song. Especially drums, but never forgetting what can be done with the keyboards.

I think it has become too much about Alexi's guitar, while the rest of the instruments could be used more in the creation of an interesting song. Especially drums, but never forgetting what can be done with the keyboards.

You've been talking about this a lot lately and it's a legit point. Back in the early days (Thinking of FTR mostly atm) there were lots of songs where there were parts with nothing but keyboards in them (ETID before the first verse, Mask of Sanity interlude etc). I don't think there are any like it except for PFA intro and AFN verses on the new album that resemble those parts.