"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Yeah, as far as the playing goes, the beginning is a little clumsy, Alexi doesn't have particularly good bends or vibrato.

Yeah, as far as the playing goes, the beginning is a little clumsy, Alexi doesn't have particularly good bends or vibrato.

I think that one out of tune bend is on purpose. That's too amateurish a mistake to get through otherwise. Guys who've played guitar for a year should be able to hear it and correct it if it were a mistake.

If you're speaking of some other bend, well, I don't have any problems with them. Never though Alexi to be lacking in any particular playing aspect.

There's quite a bit of reverb already, but I agree it sounds dry in the end. What we also forgot about is that this is the first song without Roope.

There's quite a bit of reverb already, but I agree it sounds dry in the end. What we also forgot about is that this is the first song without Roope.

Any particular differences, if any? Meaning, do you think there's any audible differences that are caused by Roope's departure?

Any particular differences, if any? Meaning, do you think there's any audible differences that are caused by Roope's departure?

it might be responsible for the bland rhythm guitar. And given Roope's experience I bet he often came up with neat ideas for Alexi's leads.

2:01 is the one I was talking about with the out of tune bend. There's a quick double (Not strings, but in succession) bend a bit later.

ah beginning of the solo. 2:01 is fine, 2:02 then? Sounds like a classic bluesy bend into a lick, nothing wrong here :kickass:

I hear a very short bend that turns into a harmonic somehow. Nothing wrong with it. Sounds pretty neat actually. Is he using a little wah too?

I actually really like it. A lot sludgier and has kind of a marching tempo to it. Very different from anything they've done. Catchy chorus too. As for the solo, I think it fit the song perfectly. A minute and a half noodle session wouldn't fit.

I don't understand the RRF comparisons. I can't really think of any other COB album to compare this to actually. If I heard it without vocals and the solo I dunno if I would guess it's COB. The preview of the next track is even more bizarre. Gonna be a totally standalone album from what I can tell.

I actually like the tone, though. It's brittle but I think that's point. It's kind of evil. Really don't have words to describe but I think it's cool.

Yeah I do not get the RRF comparisons either. I think the tempo and down tuning make it difficult to compare the overall track to their discography. And yeah, the chorus has been stuck in my head all night... I don't believe in faith!

I don't mind the song, I prefer it to most of HoB.

RRF comparisons are probably from the intro having a similar vibe to Roundtrip, that was my first impression anyway.

Could have been way better though if the rest did the chorus justice.

I don't mind the song, I prefer it to most of HoB.

RRF comparisons are probably from the intro having a similar vibe to Roundtrip, that was my first impression anyway.

Could have been way better though if the rest did the chorus justice.

The tempo and the main riff have the same vibe but to me it sounds a lot different (and better) as most RRF songs went into unexpected thrash riffing which I didn't think flow together that well.

I liked the melody throughout the verses and the solo fit; I think it could have used a second solo though.

I agree with people saying the song could probably benefit from being cut down a minute or so but I am honestly loving it. The atmosphere is absolutely fantastic. Sort of a campy horror feel in the best way. Gives me the vibe of kids telling 'lake bodom' themed stories to one other around a campfire.