"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

It does get better the more you hear it, for me at least. The first listen definitely doesn't blow you away, but that's fine. I found a bit it surprising, not at all a generic COB song, nor a mix of previous songs. But they're not really taking advantage of the drop B tuning or are they?
The production does need more guts, sounds Sneapified. The chorus is great, sounds slightly pessimistic. I like that the keyboards are finally understated. Sure hope that goes for the whole album. The solo is enjoyable, long, melodic, heavy-metalish, and yes, it's not going pose a challenge for guys who do covers.
The song preview after does sound more promising.

Which two? Lake Bodom and Deadnight Warrior?

DNW and Touch Like an Angel of Death. Also I meant to say three because I just remembered the Nail. :lol: But yeah, I've never like Lake Bodom because it reminds me too much of Stratovarius for some fucking reason.

It does get better the more you hear it, for me at least. The first listen definitely doesn't blow you away, but that's fine. I found a bit it surprising, not at all a generic COB song, nor a mix of previous songs. But they're not really taking advantage of the drop B tuning or are they?
The production does need more guts, sounds Sneapified. The chorus is great, sounds slightly pessimistic. I like that the keyboards are finally understated. Sure hope that goes for the whole album. The solo is enjoyable, long, melodic, heavy-metalish, and yes, it's not going pose a challenge for guys who do covers.
The song preview after does sound more promising.

yeah thankfully none of that djent chuggin, not a fan of that. Really gets better the more and listen to it and learning to play along to it. Some parts are in E Major/C#m so makes it easy to strum along with standard tuning guitar. the solo is better than I first thought

Sorry guys this is RRF part 2 weitten all over it, its got that hopeless atmosphere that were in a number of the songs off that album, most reminding one is "ugly".
And speaking off ugly, the mastering is beyond crap.... And the guitartone as i previously stated is worsethan what I could get out of the JVM with some stock no name humbuckers from a budjet epiphone guitar.
I dont even like the clip at the end off the youtube vid, it reminds me of blooddrunk and rrf.
This might be the first album that i might not buy from bodom....if the dont got way better stuff up their sleeves that is......

Had stuff to do so naturally I haven't been listening to the track for 5-6 hours, now gave it a go a couple times. The chorus grows on you thankfully, but the rest still doesn't impress. Alexi seems to be really running out of ideas: the solo has no message, the riffing is kinda flat. What's really killing the song, I guess, is the verse rhythm guitar and the drum beat that goes through all those 5 minutes untouched, literally, just listen to it.

Jaska must've stolen it from here

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a good sign that some guys don't like it cos mostly the RRF lovers are left here. I think the beginning of the song is like the great part in Roundtrip right after first verse, that dark downward spiral falling down the abyss feel. Great riff, and the song gets better. Alexi is still a genius. If this is the trend of the album, might just be my lucky time.

5kq8mf.jpg

^ :lol:
btw thanks arcane for ripping/remastering and sharing the hq'ish version of the song, much better than the original yt version :kickass:

Soundworld and atmosphere is far better than on anything since ''Are you dead yet''(and yes I like that album). Actually pretty close to Follow the reaper if looking purely soundworld. Better guitar sound than on Halo of Blood and Blooddrunk definitely, though nothing compared to Hatebreeder guitar tone. I bet that they still have better songs on new album, like last time with ''Transference'' which is in my opinion weakest track on HoB.

^ :lol:
btw thanks arcane for ripping/remastering and sharing the hq'ish version of the song, much better than the original yt version :kickass:

Let's hope he does it for the rest of the album, too, if ends up sounding like the NB video. :wave:

I think this song will fit nice in the album to break up the faster tracks.

and I'll find you once aggggainn...Morrigannnnnnn!

Soundworld and atmosphere is far better than on anything since ''Are you dead yet''(and yes I like that album). Actually pretty close to Follow the reaper if looking purely soundworld. Better guitar sound than on Halo of Blood and Blooddrunk definitely, though nothing compared to Hatebreeder guitar tone. I bet that they still have better songs on new album, like last time with ''Transference'' which is in my opinion weakest track on HoB.

I think Halo of Blood sounds better, but not Blooddrunk. Guitar tone on that album was a bit too bassy and frumpy for me personally.

I also agree that Transference was the weakest song on Halo

I think Halo of Blood sounds better, but not Blooddrunk. Guitar tone on that album was a bit too bassy and frumpy for me personally

Well, HoB guitar tone is somehow too ''spiky'' and ''sharp'' to my ears. But Blooddrunk is definitely the worst one. Just big mess of bassy shit.

Well, HoB guitar tone is somehow too ''spiky'' and ''sharp'' to my ears. But Blooddrunk is definitely the worst one. Just big mess of bassy shit.

Yeah we just have different preferences for tone I guess :D
I tend to really like the screaming highs and turnt up mids

It's a good sign that some guys don't like it cos mostly the RRF lovers are left here. I think the beginning of the song is like the great part in Roundtrip right after first verse, that dark downward spiral falling down the abyss feel. Great riff, and the song gets better. Alexi is still a genius. If this is the trend of the album, might just be my lucky time.

Atmosphere is kind of reminiscent of the beginning of Roundtrip, one of my favorite Bodom intros and riff is that song.

I prefer the hatebreeder tone best as well, those low mids are just juicy. Blooddrunk tone is undefined grater fizz shit with lots of bass, but dare I say it still somehow fits the album.

His solo tone on the new track DESPERATELY needs some reverb, delay, and a tube screamer

His solo tone on the new track DESPERATELY needs some reverb, delay, and a tube screamer

That's actually what I though too. The tone in the part where he's playing those palm muted two notes in a string gradually going up sounds kinda... brittle?