"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

It's not as great song as Halo of Blood, but it comes close, beats the rest of that album. I love the soundworld, and there's a dark, epic atmosphere going on, which I hope lasts for the rest of the album.

I love how the end brings the intro section back with a scream, it makes the song feel more unite and atmospheric.

They actually understood what needed to be fixed. If this song had maybe one more epic idea or one more epic melody, it would be right up there with FTR songs, but it's knocking the door for sure. The sounds are so different it's unfair and illogical to make direct comparisons.

Wow that dropbox one sounds so much better than the one on youtube. On the first couple of listens, it's a bit of a standard COB song but I'm definitely enjoying it. I really like he pre-chorus and chorus. There's something a little tongue in cheek about it. Sounds like it it could be on HOB. The keys in the bridge are cool as well. Would have been nice to hear some leads come in on the last chorus to fatten it up like they did in the end of COTN on RRF.

Holy shit the song was shit. I usually am the fanboy to love all stuff this band churns out but this is one of the worst CoB songs I've heard. Seriously I didn't find anything good (few guitar bits were alright at best) in the song at first listen so I'm gonna give it another try.
I agree. This is the first Bodom song where I'm actually bored after 3 minutes. On the first listen. Listening to it again isn't making it much better.

The solo is the most generic solo. The chorus has a decent melody, but again feels very generic. That really is the problem. It is dull. The riff throughout the song is fine for 30 seconds but the song never reaches a climax or however you want to describe it.

The keyboard sound at 3:30-3:50 is nice. That's it.

Five minutes is just too much. You could easily put all the parts in 3:30. That could have made the song better.

Maybe I am just being too negative, and it could be very different if there was a good quality version out there (the dropbox link is better but still pretty crap). But right now, this is the first Bodom song I'll grade below 6 on the first three listens. Here's hoping on either me still growing fond of the song or it being by far the worst song on the album.

I can't yet analyze it technically, but from a sheer listening / atmosphere perspective it's good. I hope they took the approach to focus on enjoyability before technicality.

The next song sounds almost Nightwish.

They could have songs in drop B, drop C and standard D. Drop B promises heavier and more exploding stuff than ever. Some tracks can be 5 minutes, some 3 minutes. Maybe there's lots of diversity.

Seems like RRF lovers don't like this so much. I think this is better than anything on RRF. If I have to make this forced comparison by combining two past albums, I'd say it's like Blooddrunk and Follow the Reaper. The artwork fits the atmosphere, but the color is not yellow, nor is it blue, so FTR and RRF comparisons are unfounded. It's completely different.

I like it, I do not love it. I think it is a better track than Transference was though. The guitar tone is a bit strange early on in the song and I thought the solo was okay, nothing mindblowing, but I much prefer that style to some mindless pentatonic runs. Chorus is catchy and there is a lot more focus on the keyboards.

All-in-all, I think it is a good midtempo track. Not blown away, not disappointed either.

The second song is probably not from this album... it sounds so much like Nightwish, Bodom never used synths that way.

There is something important about this track. It is very consistent sound-wise, not many changes in mood and "atmosphere"...that is new for Bodom. And what is new is also this B tuning.

I am pretty sure this is not best song from the album, so it has a lot of potential that album will kick ass. They really are doing new things, it seems.

And stop with that "not mind-blowing solo" thing. It suits the song very much. Stop being guitar nerds who care only about fast shredding.

When compared to RRF this one has better atmosphere, the parts are melted into one unite song, and there's no annoying vocals. Job well done! I can actually kinda imagine a solar eclipse, the contrast of dark and burning brightness, but there's definitely an atmosphere sort of like a pirate ship at night, as I mentioned... the Reaper is even holding his scythe like a flag as symbol of place conquered.

I hope this isn't clearly the best song on the album, because here's potential for a cult album. It's unrealistic to expect 10 songs this good, but if there's 4-5 songs this good I'm satisfied. If there's 8-9 songs this good it would be a cult album like the green and blue one. :yell: All it takes is this dark and epic feel to continue! The last two albums had clearly one song above the rest and I beg that not to happen again!