"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Stop being guitar nerds who care only about fast shredding.

Fast wankfest is the best example of a shitty solo, no one gives a fuck about that. If someone does, they probably listen to Dragonforce instead of CoB. What come's to Morrigan's solo, it was just plain and dull.

Fast wankfest is the best example of a shitty solo, no one gives a fuck about that. If someone does, they probably listen to Dragonforce instead of CoB. What come's to Morrigan's solo, it was just plain and dull.

I think it was okay. The song didn't have unison parts of keyboards and guitar, that was a shock for many I guess. The track is very flat, with no ups and downs...They went for consistency more than for shock this time.

I think it was okay. The song didn't have unison parts of keyboards and guitar, that was a shock for many I guess. The track is very flat, with no ups and downs...They went for consistency more than for shock this time.
A solo doesn't have to be fast, but it should be noticeable in some way. There is zero emotion in the solo though, and as forgettable as the rest of the song.

A solo doesn't have to be fast, but it should be noticeable in some way. There is zero emotion in the solo though, and as forgettable as the rest of the song.

Maybe...but there is zero emotion in, for example, Blooddrunk solo too, but no one complained :rofl:D

Seems there's two ways to look at Bodom's music, some look at it atmospherically, others technically.

This one has an atmosphere, it takes me to a nightside sea or lake. Can't even begin to describe how different it is to "being inside a studio room listening to Alexi's guitar riffs" like most RRF songs.

Holding breath starts now.

Well, I missed all the freaking out! :D

I like the song. The guitar tone is a bit strange, but nothing horrible. The song is perhaps a bit too simple for my taste and I would have liked a melody or two more. I like the chorus and the solo is IMO very good. They have better of both, but even so I like these a lot. Also, I find the song to be VERY atmospheric throughout. Perhaps even more so than anything from HB/FTR, which is quite surprising. Perhaps it's just new.

Overall, I really like the atmosphere. The riffs are okay, if a bit repetitive. The chorus is good. The solo is good. Alexi's vocals are also good. I don't really have much preference in them except that I dislike them on RRF.

Maybe...but there is zero emotion in, for example, Blooddrunk solo too, but no one complained :rofl:D

You weren't here back in 2008. I don't remember much of it but I can still sense how much Joonas has rambled about those solos back then. Also Blooddrunk is a shit album and it is totally irrelevant when we're discussing a completely new song. I could start rambling about how Something Wild has only 2 good songs but it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

You weren't here back in 2008. I don't remember much of it but I can still sense how much Joonas has rambled about those solos back then. Also Blooddrunk is a shit album and it is totally irrelevant when we're discussing a completely new song. I could start rambling about how Something Wild has only 2 good songs but it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Which two? Lake Bodom and Deadnight Warrior?

Sounds like someone threw all COB songs done so far into one big blender, mixed it up for some time, poured the mixture into an old bottle and re-labelled it with NEW BODOM SONG.

Seriously, that was a bit underwhelming to me. I hoped for some new ideas, but I couldn' find any here so far... well, hope the rest of the album has some.

The guitar riffing sounds like a heavy wooden door with cranking hinges.

Alexi has definitely grown mentally. Can't believe it's the same artist that released WIWI as single some years ago.

Guess you are right about that. Still, this song has good soundworld and a great use of keys, I like it.

This has to be a filler song. It's too simple.

It's not bad, though. I will listen to it a lot just because it's new. It's got the unique COB sound that nobody else can make, though.

I have to clarify: I like the guitar sound. Maybe the wooden riffing and the glass bell type sound tied to the keys together with the rum high kinda boldness, waving energy and feeling gave me the vision of 'pirate ship at sea'... just everything in it. And maybe subconsciously my (or Alexi's?) association to captain Morgan rum. But it's about a witch goddess, not pirates.

This is good soil where many dark wonders can grow.

I liked this song surprisingly, the chorus is pretty cool. Simple song, solo could've been better, the ending of it was lackluster

looking forward to the album