"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

but hey thanks for all the questions! I already have some in mind, but yeah, I don't want to ask the same-old stuff and get the regular answers.
of course I'll have to ask couple of typical ones about the new album, since this is why the interview is happening in the first place, but otherwise I intend to keep it interesting as much as I can.
I like the one with rare songs, I also thought of that. and the big surprise moments of IWC.
but I don't think I'll ask about the forum, haha :p

but hey thanks for all the questions! I already have some in mind, but yeah, I don't want to ask the same-old stuff and get the regular answers.
of course I'll have to ask couple of typical ones about the new album, since this is why the interview is happening in the first place, but otherwise I intend to keep it interesting as much as I can.
I like the one with rare songs, I also thought of that. and the big surprise moments of IWC.
but I don't think I'll ask about the forum, haha :p

:cry:

But those would be the rarest questions of all time. :D I think it would be good to know if they still read it or not. We would actually know if our whine or delight are worth something.

He wouldn't admit it and I know why.

Yeah I don't know about asking what he thinks should be COB's direction... he fulfills his vision with Warmen.

But I would like to know if they had some interesting art scetches or radical ideas about the music that didn't see daylight.

but hey thanks for all the questions!

Regarding songs they rarely play live, it would be great to know whether they'd consider putting "You're better off dead!" and "Knuckleduster" back into their set list. Those two songs really kick ass.

If you want to be very original, ask him if he knows about Dynamic Range Day, what he thinks of it, and whether high-dynamic-range remasters of COB albums could ever be an option (I would buy them all in a heartbeat) :)

It's best not to mention any particular rare songs (everyone has their opinions and some suggestions like YBOD would never be considered) and instead let him name songs himself for a change instead of just saying no, yeah or maybe. Don't ask questions that can be answered with 'yes' or 'no'. This is a secret many don't see. Ask him what he thinks would be an extremely interesting rare song from each album that could actually be played. If he doesn't give a proper and thorough answer, press him on. Shouldn't be too difficult a question. I'd expect bands to know their songs by names. We need these interesting questions and exciting answers.

Also, next Sunday Aug 16 I'm having an interview with Janne. Care to share any questions?

Some ideas:

Ask him about rare songs; name one song from each album that they've never played or rarely played live and would be exciting or weird to play live.

Ask him about how he would change COB; if he was the composer, what atmosphere and direction he would have go to, and were there points in the past when he had a different wish on where a new album should've headed.

Ask him whether they've considered making an extremely radical album, what have been their most interesting and radical ideas, maybe another FTR or some very different soundworld?

Ask him what are the biggest surprise moments on IWC.

Ask him if he's noticed Joonas changed his avatar.

It's an arctic wolf witnessing the eclipse and cataclysm at lake Bodom. The transition from Halo of Blood to I Worship Chaos. In case someone doesn't figure out.

So the song should be streamed at 00:00 in Finland? I can do ripping if I find the right channel. Seems like this ROCK ANTENNE has a "main" channel, but a "Heavy Metal" channel also. Need to do some studying.

EDIT: So it should be 23:00 in Germany in the Heavy Metal show called "Tuff Stuff".

Finnish Radio Rock is streaming the whole album today at 19.00 finnish time.
yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!

"Radio Rockin ensisoitossa tänään Children of Bodomin uusi albumi I Worship Chaos! Kuuntele taajuudella klo 19:00!"
http://www.radiorock.fi/#!/esiintyja/Children%20Of%20Bodom

Didn't find any mention of it on their own site and was already thinking you're trolling us ( :D ), when I found this: https://www.facebook.com/asenneonrock?_ft_=fbid.296085940448694 IT'S REAL! Thanks for the info mrs.bodOm!