"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

For the title track of such album cover I would've included demonic choirs, orchestral hits and apocalyptic riffing, but hey, don't listen to me...

I do understand your point, it's not what most of people would have expected. But it doesn't make the song bullshit, i think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo_V0gbLNY4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

At least there are other bands out there that are making innovative Melodic Death. And can supply a Neo-Classical fix

Yeah, but that style metal is far away from bodom, I don't even think that SW is close to that style (rather compared to melodic black metal).
Im personally happy that Bodom hasnt gone into that "too" melodic style where keyboard does all the job and guitars are just shredding open bottom string.
I like the classical parts on Hatebreeder for example, but song with only melody from beginning 'til the end is kinda meh.
I think it's useless to say that "don't get your panties in a twist"

The backlash is very odd. Everyone knows what the production sounds like we have an official version of Morrigan out there. The quality of IWC is so bad it sounds like a really poor black metal demo. You can't hear anything that's going on. Signature Alexi guitar noodling, harmonized leads, clear drumming or the keys in their full glory. From what it sounds the song sounds even more aggressive and punishing than Halo of Blood. I think a few people will back step their opinion when a high quality comes out.

If the full album version doesn't have a guitar solo than it is totally understandable why people will be angry at that but it makes no sense to call a shitty radio rip of a song as their worst song ever.

+1, quality improves the song and makes easier to spot notes. Better quality doesn't modify the fact, that this song doesn't contain orchestra hit, demonic choir etc. but when the real deal version launches, it is better/easier to judge the song.

There was no atmosphere, soundworld sucks, I hope it's at least interesting technically to the RRF fans? And the artwork has reindeer skeletons, but reindeers exist 900 km north from Espoo.

He came there to die :kickass: maybe he was slain by the reaper?

Is there high quality upload of this song anywhere?

I'm trying to wrap my head around it. It's definitely COB and has a lot good things going for it but at the same time I'm so fucking confused.

GuyOne, man as much as I hope you're right, you're wrong. You can hear all the crucial parts just fine and they suck ass.

I'm not fooled by the low quality...

I still hope the album will surprise. Even if just a couple thrilling songs...

Yeah, but that style metal is far away from bodom, I don't even think that SW is close to that style (rather compared to melodic black metal).
Im personally happy that Bodom hasnt gone into that "too" melodic style where keyboard does all the job and guitars are just shredding open bottom string.
I like the classical parts on Hatebreeder for example, but song with only melody from beginning 'til the end is kinda meh.
I think it's useless to say that "don't get your panties in a twist"

Sympuls-E's Riffs, Arpegio's etc are very similar to those heard on HB, FTR and HCDR. The Bodom influence in their music is very profound. They are basically making the music Bodom should be making. I guess my grand point is that if Bodom's goal is become more unique and diverse there are more clever and exciting ways to go about.that rather than making songs like that monstrosity from yesterday. Electronic, Atmospheric and Symphonic Keys. Acoustic Guitars. More Progressive elements. More Audible Bass. The ideas are 100 fold

I always thought nothing could get worse than Roadkill Morning. Guess I was wrong. I warmed up to most songs on Blooddrunk and play them more than I thought I would. Morrigan is still boring as fuck but I don't mind listening to it every now and then. But this? The one good thing, the keyboard solo, doesn't fit in the song at all. It's a good solo but it means nothing to me when I won't ever listen to it because of the rest of the song.

That is a bit harsh, I will listen to it again when I get the album. But I am not even going to try to warm up to this song right now.

I actually like most of the song I just can't make out what's going on during the chorus. A lot of the song is stuck in my head already which is a good thing. The harmonized rhythm is awesome. The verse or w/e is very simple but it's effective. The solo sucks, though.

I'll probably not listen to it much beyond this honeymoon phase but who knows with the HQ version.

So you think the harmonizing guitars are garbage? Listen to the rhythm track on the right speaker. It comes in with that palm muted tremolo picking and finishes with a harmonized melody that compliments the lead guitars on the left. Seriously good stuff man.

Everyone has their opinions but I think the CoB hate circlejerk has really reached a new level here.

There wouldn't be any hate if the songs were good. HoB was received positively overall. The only part I hope can turn out decent with quality upgrade is the end of chorus. That melody reminds me of Hypocrisy the most btw, I'm a big fan of Peter's work myself (excluding the last record).

I felt like the whole album was rather boring, bar 3-4 songs. Was hugely disappointed given that '09 is one of my favourite albums.

On the subject of the track "I Worship Chaos". It simply destroys, from the first listen I was blown! The riffs are very fatty, reminiscent of the carts HCDR, this track would soon emerged as the way, surprised by the absence of guitar solos, it's right that something new. At this time the Finns surprised more than usual. :heh: