"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

I've listened to this 3 times today. Everytime Im more disappointed than before. Theres about 4 Riffs throughout. Keys are the only aspect that save it. Or even make it actually sound like a Bodom song. Its borderline pitiful for a band with as much talent as COB to make a chug fest track like this.

Also we have 2 singles and only 1 Guitar and 1Keyboard Solo. Are they done with trading off Solos too?! And we can probably forget about any Duets as well. I've spent 5 hours dissecting and discussing this today all the while being pissed off. Jonas is right, it is indeed a sad day for true Bodom fans

We can complain directly on Facebook and not show up at concerts, that would change their mind pretty quickly.

True fans not showing up won't matter. Because then more fringe fans and girls who just wanna fuck the band members will show up in our place. But I do have half a mind to write an extensive post on their wall. I can tell you it'd be more inspired than the piece of shit song they released today!!!

^Hoooo boy, what are you on? You just listed half of arguably their best album, where it was melody and solos all over the place, and compared them to AYDY and say they have the same sort of riffing :lol:

From your whole list only IYF, AYDY, BD and Lobodomy "fit" that chuggy description, and none of the rest bears any resemblance to IWC, but I'd like to hear your reasoning in reaching that conclusion.

A quick list of some of the songs CoB has written which includes similar chugging as the verse riff of IWC:

Follow the Reaper
Bodom After Midnight
Every Time I Die
Kissing the Shadows (not as much chugging but it is present)
Sixpounder
In Your Face
Living Dead Beat
Are You Dead Yet
Trashed, Lost and Strungout
Blooddrunk
Lobodomy
Waste of Skin
Transference
Damaged Beyond Repair
Morrigan

Compare it to their older material there really isn't much difference. Listen to Morrigan, it has chugging too. Unfortunately all metal has chugging to some extent.

WTF is chuggin? what do u mean by that? a cocnrete exemple (track & time)

In the songs "In The Shadows" and "Red Light In My Eyes Pt.2" there were also no "real" guitar solos, just a bit noodling. So hope isn't dead. Maybe it's just something in between Something Wild and old At The Gates thing, maybe......

Its a tuning that a band called something like Mutilated Genitals Force Fed to the Blind Masses would use. Not Bodom...

Parkway Drive uses Drop A nowadays, and it sounds good as fuck.

EDIT: Point is, its not about tuning, but sounds and type of riffing

So far the artwork is the best part of the album :lol: Who would've thought after BD and RRF abominations. Musically the Morrigan key bridge is the only really likeable part of the two supposedly stronger tracks, I'm sad.

Hmm. I could describe this song as short/poor man's version of YBOD (which is one of my favorite tracks). But this IWC isn't still worst Bodom song for sure, above average for me.

EDIT: Point is, its not about tuning, but sounds and type of riffing

naturally the lower you tune the more muddy it sounds
xOG30oT.gif

I am a bit tired of hearing this "sad day for true bodom fans" bullshit. Eh, yeah sure it's different but what the fuck ? Since when is this a problem ? Alexi just prooves that he can be innovative. I consider myself as a true Bodom fan and yet I love their new stuff as much as the old one. I'll miss the early melodies like all of you but these new song are still really promising, lot of powerfull riffs and headbanging opportunities.

And FYI my favorite albums are SW, HCDR and HoB.

And just for Joonas, I don't understand what's so great about Silent Night Bodom Night. I actually think it's the one song of CoB which I dislike.. Maybe you should try to move on. If CoB kept repeating this early style maybe other fans might have been disappointed as well for their lack of change. So why not enjoy what they have to offer for it's still above the other band imo.

(Pardon my english, it's not usually not great, but now I just woke up so it's even worse..)

With some time to think I have perhaps changed my opinion a bit. The song is not exactly bad. It just doesn't really sound like Bodom anymore. If I want to listen to this kind of music I don't listen to COB, I search for some other band that does it better (Assuming there are such bands. This is just very far from what I usually listen to, so I don't know).

And just for Joonas, I don't understand what's so great about Silent Night Bodom Night. I actually think it's the one song of CoB which I dislike.. Maybe you should try to move on. If CoB kept repeating this early style maybe other fans might have been disappointed as well for their lack of change. So why not enjoy what they have to offer for it's still above the other band imo.

(Pardon my english, it's not usually not great, but now I just woke up so it's even worse..)

It has some very memorable melodies in it, mainly the intro melody that gets repeated every now and then. Personally, while I like the song (And I like it even more after I learned how to play most of it on a real guitar), I don't think it's quite as high on the "Best COB Songs" list as Joonas seems to think. Top twenty probably, but I don't think I'd put it in top 10. Children of Decadence, which Joonas mentioned earlier, is one of my very favorites however. It was the third song I ever heard from COB I think and has been one of my favorites ever since.

Don't worry about your English, it's not too bad.

For the title track of such album cover I would've included demonic choirs, orchestral hits and apocalyptic riffing, but hey, don't listen to me...

I wouldn't have called IWC bad if not for the verse ridiculousness. The same type that can be found in Transference verses. I fail to comprehend how Alexi came up with this stuff. The image I get in my head when hearing it is:
fAbGFWW.gif

As someone mentioned it sounds like a silly melody you'd hear in kindergarten. To me that is, youtubers seem to thoroughly enjoy the song, look at all the likes.

I wouldn't have called IWC bad if not for the verse ridiculousness. The same type that can be found in Transference verses. I fail to comprehend how Alexi came up with this stuff. The image I get in my head when hearing it is:
fAbGFWW.gif

As someone mentioned it sounds like a silly melody you'd hear in kindergarten. To me that is, youtubers seem to thoroughly enjoy the song, look at all the likes.

Look at the comments too. Not all of them are exactly thrilled.