"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Yeah might as well drop out of my wishes to see Bodom in Oslo if they bring this kind of material, seen the old stuff enough already and not interessted to watch this crap live.

Rune are you from where , not from the US?

Btw, I show it to my brother and he said it sounds like Sixpounder and he actually like it.

It won't be as muddy as this, think Morrigan tone, it's also drop B. Also, for the ones asking about the tuning:

Drop B is two whole steps down (from E standard to C standard), and the lower E (the 6th string) an extra step down (you meassure the "dropping" from E standard, the "normal" tuning so to speak). Bodom's albums are all in D standard (with more and more drop C from HCD onwards), SW is in C# (one and a half step down) and apparently IWC will be in drop B and I hope some D standard too. If any of you are Arch Enemy fans, they play in standard C (what Bodom uses here but the lower E stays normal, not dropped), and they manage some clean enough tones, so don't worry about the album being muddy.

I'm from Norway, you know that icy shithole left of Sweeden :D

Your brother is deaf, no offence ;)

Horrible. This makes me pissed off I wasted so much creative time anticipating this. Doesn't even deserve my reply. Half of Alexi's brain died back in 2003 and this is one of the absolute low-points when his sanity just switches off. This is pure shit. Is he trying to piss off his fans or what the fuck is the point of this song...? What fuck is this shit? This is just chaotic shit. This song has sections where there should be fast double bass roam but there isn't.

I just wonder how bad songs we have on the album if this is one of the best. Unless this song grows on me massively for some weird reason, it's as bad as WIWI. Bad, Alexi. It's time to swallow your pride and go back to Silent Night, Bodom Night and start learning!!!!

Horrible. This makes me pissed off I wasted so much creative time anticipating this. Doesn't even deserve my reply. Half of Alexi's brain died back in 2003 and this is one of the absolute low-points when his sanity just switches off. This is pure shit. Is he trying to piss off his fans or what the fuck is the point of this song...? What fuck is this shit? This is just chaotic shit. This song has sections where there should be fast double bass roam but there isn't.

I just wonder how bad songs we have on the album if this is one of the best. Unless this song grows on me massively for some weird reason, it's as bad as WIWI. Bad Alexi, baaaaaad. Go back to your fucking Silent Night, Bodom Night and start learning.

A-fucking-greed! Bodom just got new management, and of this pukefest is what they think is a good single, I'd rahter have the old shit management back. WIWI is a lot better than this, enough said!

I also think it's not as bad as you describe, put I explained it earlier, but yeah I know..so no problem :)

Btw, then your RR probably won't cost as much as I thought.

I'm from Norway, you know that icy shithole left of Sweeden :D

Your brother is deaf, no offence ;)

A friend of mine once talked with some Norwegian guy who said that they are moving their factories to Finland as there's "cheap workers" in Finalnd. :D Yeah, I don't think "shithole" is a good description of Norway. :)

My custom shop RR, it was expensive enough, not when you think of my income compared to the price thought, but the most expensive guitar I have at least. around 2k €/$ used.

My custom shop RR, it was expensive enough, not when you think of my income compared to the price thought, but the most expensive guitar I have at least. around 2k €/$ used.

Damn. I've been thinking about a custom guitar occasionally for the past two years, but the thing is that my income is a nice round zero as I'm not, and probably will not, be working for years yet. Also, I don't think there are many people playing custom guitars in their bedrooms :D I'd feel embarrassed to go anywhere with it with my strictly good-but-not-amazing skills :D Nearly had the same problem with the ESP I have now (Back when it was new which was 4 years ago), but I got through it with little of any "Wow, you got a new guitar! WOW! IT'S A REAL ESP!", and the underlying "How did this kid have money for it?!" questions :D

Ah...now I see why Roope got booted by the band.......he probably refused to play this garbage.

2 songs in and neither one have impressed me at all. Really glad I hadn't pre-ordered this album.

I have two esps as well and no LTDs anymore, but hardly any time to play with real tube amps, so kemper and acustic guitar is what I mainly do nowadays for practice, but every once in a while Ill blast my rehershal space with volume to 11 :)

You hunting after Joonas' RR24? :lol:

It seems I'll be selling it, since this shit is unacceptably bad.

Can you imagine how much worse this song is than say... Children of Decadence?

This song is like "I can be a terribly bad song simply cos I can and there's nothing you can do about it" :fu:

I'm sorry guys, it seems we lost the fight and lake Bodom is indeed destroyed, together with its trees and atmosphere. There's just nothing we can do about this disaster. This is soul-devouring, considering our epic past with this artist. Sad day for Bodom fans.

We can complain directly on Facebook and not show up at concerts, that would change their mind pretty quickly.

If the band doesn't even care to read this forum, it's confirmation they've lost their passion.

This is about it for this band. Not going to their concert ever again if the rest of the album is close to this.

First they claimed RRF was their best album, then they claimed HoB is return to the roots, now they claim IWC is dark and atmospheric and hella good...

Just fuck you for making this song and LYING to us.

I'll see the rest before making final judgement, since their single choices have been horrible before.

I also had high expectations for this song and got pretty much disappointed when I heard it. It's growing though the more I listen to it.

It's got only 3 parts (riff, verse, chorus) and keyboard solo. It lacks a beginning, an end, and a purpose. It's just a glimpse of chaos. Extremely weird. Well, let's see once a good quality version is out. Will have to listen to the other songs as well, cos these two are so different.

Yeah you're right. Can't do much else now than listen to these songs, hope them grow and wait for the rest.

Again not a single orchestral hit. Man, exciting things need to happen if this album is to live up to its credential. Do the RRF lovers like this?