"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Before we started circlejerking how bad it is - is there something good about the song? I don't want to abandon all hope for the album, but it's diminishing steadily.

The scream after the solo is beautiful. The main riff is fast and energetic. Kinda reminds me of Ugly, except where I was always disappointed that Ugly's intro had such a slow drum beat, this one doesn't have that problem.

This makes northpole throwdown and was it worth it sound like masterpieces. Seriously if this is the core part of the album, then I would urge them to scrap it!

WHY ALEXI WHYY???? PUTING SUCH A BAD SONG IN A COB ALBUM AND NAMING IT AS THE TITLE TRACK?? THIS MAKES NO SENSE

This makes northpole throwdown and was it worth it sound like masterpieces. Seriously if this is the core part of the album, then I would urge them to scrap it!

Im in absolute disbelief of how terrible these 2 songs are. Its as if all the momentum gained back with HoB has been crushed by these 2 singles. Haha thats an idea but at this point theres no turning back. We just gotta hope the rest of the album is better. Theres still 8 songs Nd about 35 minutes of unheard material remaining. Wishful thinking but its something.

Still 8 songs yes, but these to are said to be among the best of them in early reviews, if that is the case I wont buy it.... There is got to be at least one good song on there, even BD and RRF has one or two good songs as a whole. It is dark, but whenever dark has been the description the album has turned out like shit. There is a reason BD and RRF songs aren't in the setlists.... Why make more music like that then?!! Brainfart Alexi! Brainfart! Why not listen to the fans you've got instead of creating a couple new ones..(actually, I love Lamb of God, but this is utter crap compare to them as well).

I think Alexi needs to rest, an album every two years is okay for the first 5-6 times but this one's gonna be 9th. HOB already sounded like it lacked fresh, real catchy ideas, if they had a couple more years to work on it I genuinely believe HOB could've been on par with HCDR at least.

Fuck, that first part kicks ass, deliciously intricate, unusual sounding riff for COB, lower pitch (which is a good thing), perfect for headbanging. I can see how some think of it more as death metal. But the following rhythmic part under the vocals sounds childish with the ridiculous keys and it just doesn't fit the beginning. The third part is weak but so are all these vocal-based portions that aim to get the audience to scream along.

So even though only a third of the song is good, I like it so much that it redeems the rest. We'll have to hear the whole song of course.

Here's a painkiller ad that sounds catchier

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to be the best solo ever written to save that song, like on par with eruption or at least like kissing the shadows stuff.... i already think that HOB is pretty much on par with HCDR, just wish it was even more melodic!

I think Alexi needs to rest, an album every two years is okay for the first 5-6 times but this one's gonna be 9th. HOB already sounded like it lacked fresh, real catchy ideas, if they had a couple more years to work on it I genuinely believe HOB could've been on par with HCDR at least.

Quite possible. Most songs on HOB have at least one very good part in them.

Well, that was... interesting? If I forget it's supposed to be a Bodom song I like it, but then I remember it's coming from them and disappointment kinda kicks in.

The opening riff is ok, but didn't need drop B and is way too long. The "verse" or whatever the fuck we want to call where the keys start... same thing. It's cool, but I expected better from them. Lack of melodies is indeed a bit worrying, and the "soloing" leaves a lot to be desired. I hope this is one of the worst songs/the worst.

Reminded me of Knuckleduster for some reason. Nothing special :S

On second listen the solo is definitely on par with the HCDR keyboard solos. We might not ever see solo duels anymore or multiple keyboard/guitar solos but this is a good one to be had.

To me HoB is easily as good as HCDR and FTR. It's a band that is matured and evolved but still wasn't afraid to use past albums and ideas as influence.

HoB is 47 levels below HCDR and FTR.

The keyboard solo just leaves me wanting it to be a guitar solo instead, just like the solo in roundtrip to hell and back only better, yes the keys solo could have been a really awesome guitar solo, so I guess it is a good part kinda....