"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Definitely the worst track from Bodom i've heard in a while. Where are all the melodies??

For real, wow. Seems like Alexi's finally found his AYDY outtakes tape, applied a Northpole Throwdown filter and here it is. The verse riff is silly and bad.

I have this weird urge to drink beer under no controll, to set up explosives or cut someone to pieces while listening to this song.

So far the best cuts from this album are the Key Solo in IWC. And the sample at the end of Morrigan. Certainly not a whole lot of quality from what we've heard up to this point...

Death Unite Us was their worst album imo, but yet I didn't hear the Circle one.

Circle is very different from what they've done before. More melodic than the two previous ones perhaps, but Aleksi's singing and especially his screams sound VERY bad on the album. He was a LOT better when I went to see them live.

lol at the death metal tag. Listen to the new Nile track - that's death metal. This though, the intro is Lamb of God at best, the verse is how I imagine Dimmu Borgir sounds (never heard their stuff).

lol at the death metal tag. Listen to the new Nile track - that's death metal. This though, the intro is Lamb of God at best, the verse is how I imagine Dimmu Borgir sounds (never heard their stuff).

Hmm. Perhaps it's not death metal then. I've never listened to any DM bands, though I've heard a few songs. The two songs I know from Dimmu Borgir (The Sacrilegious Scorn, Progenies of the Great Apocalypse) are both very different from anything in this song. More melodies, darker, better.

ESA1996 I didn't mean to attack you or anything, it's just that the song is not DM at all :lol:

I uploaded at bit more better and louder Quality:
that's better indeed. Thank you everyone who recorded/uploaded this.
Now that I hear something the key solo isn't even that good, pretty basic stuff.

And Dimmu Borgir started out as black metal and those two songs are more "extreme metal" now because it doesn't quite fall under the black umbrella.

:D I would have ranked those songs as BM right away if someone asked. It's true though that they don't have too many of those tremolo riffs that are typical in BM nor blast beats.

The only positive point about this track is the keyboard solo (composition and lead sound), seems like warmen is returning back to the older leads he used in Warmens first album and FTR aswell

Before we started circlejerking how bad it is - is there something good about the song? I don't want to abandon all hope for the album, but it's diminishing steadily.

Btw I just recalled Joonas was hoping for a new SNBN. I'm like worrying about him now :erk:

Before we started circlejerking how bad it is - is there something good about the song? I don't want to abandon all hope for the album, but it's diminishing steadily.

the energy of the intro riff and scream after the kb solo. Bad things are the dumbed down sections in- between and that the song is cut way too short.