"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

mqdefault.jpg
Hi I'm Alexi that doesn't look like Alexi and welcome to the Bodom album that doesn't sound like a Bodom album

I'm just happy there isn't a fedora in sight.

Trucker hat > Fedora

:D Beautiful attitude dude!
Yeah no kidding :D I've like a month to get as far away from this album, forgetting about listening to IWC single and just maybe I'll like it when it comes out. Right now I just can't find anything good, save morrigan, about the album. Hope they prove me wrong, if not, then this is the last album I'll buy from them.

Dark? No. If this has colour it's brownish yellow.
Can't wait for the board theme be changed to shit-brown and piss-yellow.

Really looking forward to the album now. Looks like it has a lot of surprises and I have no problem with that. People here expect COB to write the same stuff over and over but differently, which doesn't really work with melodic stuff. COB is growing and so should their fans. People here are going to end up like those disgruntled fans who reduce an artist's entire decade-long trajectory to a first or second album and that's that. Unless they're start doing pop, selling out entirely, or doing some other shit, I completely support IWC, from what we've heard so far.

Really looking forward to the album now. Looks like it has a lot of surprises and I have no problem with that.

Like the surprise your dog shits on your pillow? :lol:

People here expect COB to write the same stuff over and over but differently, which doesn't really work with melodic stuff.

Maybe just write something good whatever it is?

COB is growing and so should their fans. People here are going to end up like those disgruntled fans who reduce an artist's entire decade-long trajectory to a first or second album and that's that.

Are you like 18? Once you have enough experience of band discographies or projects of any art, you'll notice the magic of the first releases starts to disappear once it becomes forced, overdone and market-dictated. You need to understand no artist can shed the same heartblood for self-therapy for 10 albums. They're not growing, they're soaring down. It's natural - but with many bands it has surprised me how tragic the loss of creativity has been, so much it makes me pissed off. As fan you'd want the bands to take their best elements and build on them, instead of taking the worst elements and going straight to hell with them.

I don't understand why some make an unforgettable cult album, then for the next 9 albums they make shit and keep insisting 'cos we can't make the same album all over again.' :lol: Just like athletes never admit to steroids, musicians never admit to loss of creativity. You're right tho, there's no point in making another Follow the Reaper if you don't get the right songwriting ideas that sound good in that soundworld.

Unless they're start doing pop, selling out entirely, or doing some other shit...

I won't say anything...

Rofl the "grow up man, they're moving forward!" guys strike back. When COB starts playing traditional groove-pop-jazz-folk I'll be the fucking first one to reiterate this stupid argument in your face.

HCDR was already nothing like the first 2 albums yet we all love it, how hard is it to understand :lol:

Btw My Bodom sounds good to me, I don't know. The melody is kinda there, I think Joonas will be the biggest fan of it two months after the release.

Btw My Bodom sounds good to me, I don't know. The melody is kinda there, I think Joonas will be the biggest fan of it two months after the release.

And hate it by the time the next album comes out. It's happened before for quite a few times now, I think. :D

Rofl the "grow up man, they're moving forward!" guys strike back. When COB starts playing traditional groove-pop-jazz-folk I'll be the fucking first one to reiterate this stupid argument in your face.

HCDR was already nothing like the first 2 albums yet we all love it, how hard is it to understand :lol:

The band are just not children anymore so they don't wanna write embarrassing stuff like their cult albums, instead they do watered-down shit that's all grown up and stuff.

Maybe just write something good whatever it is?

This. Bands can evolve and do evolve. Bodom just evolves in the wrong direction. Simplifying songs and removing everything they're known for is not something you should do. Some bands do it exactly the opposite. Blind Guardian started out as a speed metal band. They eventually started having more and more melodies and more progressive songs and turned into progressive power metal. They continued evolving in the same direction, eventually adding orchestrations too, and now they're pretty much symphonic progressive power metal. It's a huge jump from what they were when they started, but it's far more interesting to listen to.

Alexi doesn't want neo-classical? Fine. I just don't think he should forget about the melodies altogether, nor should he start simplifying the song structures as Bodom has never been super progressive anyway (There's some songs like Children of Decadense and LBRH but I wouldn't call them progressive).

I'm trying to look at it a bit more positively now, even though there is no real reason for it at this time.

I wonder how we would react if we heard a short sample from Sixpounder for the first time. You can easily play the intro and think it is boring and not Bodom. And from what I've heard a lot of people were disappointed with the entire album due to the lack of neo-classical and symphonic influences. But now the majority here really likes the album.

It's all perspective I guess. I've only first heard Bodom after the release of AYDY and listened to random songs from the first 5 albums, so for me those 5 are the 'old Bodom'. When you've been listening to them before that time you have experienced the release of AYDY or HCDR differently and seen how different those albums are from HB or FtR.

I don't need a FtR or HCDR pt 2. If they tried just to please the old school fans it would suck because the band isn't into it. I am just disappointed that after the low point of BD they started going back towards the music I love them for with RRF and definitely with HOB, only to take 50 steps back with IWC.

Oh well. If Alexi likes the music he makes and they get more fans with it, I am happy for them. Can't please everyone. Maybe there are some songs on the album I'll love. Maybe there are some songs I'll grow to like. Maybe a possible album #10 will be better. We'll see.

alexi should have made another band for trash/metalcore riffing. Same as metallica should have made another rock band for load/reload and st.anger. And in flame should be forced to change their name since nor the music or anyone in the band is as the original in flames.

I'm not expecting it to sound similar to the other albums.....I was just expecting it to at least be good or tolerable and so far it is not. I am hoping once I can listen to the whole album my views will change.

This is the first CoB album I have not pre-ordered since I got into them when HCDR came out.

First album since 2001 I won't buy before it is dirt cheap, unless something drasticly changes! There still might be two-three brilliant songs on the album, but right now it seems they altered their style too much... I listen to bodom because of melodies, if the melodies are too simplistic or no existant, I skip the song. If I skip all the songs for that reason the album is not worth listening to. Catchy you say? No just bland and booring.

I hurt sounds like it was made for simple people. "kicks into the heavy stuff" - if that's the chorus, fuck that shit. Dear fucking god, even IWC sounds better. My Bodom has potential. Why did I listen to this shit?