"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

I Hurt and My Bodom sound exactly the same. Nothing going on. Boring noise and crappy vocals. Fuck... this... shit. Can't believe Bodom lost it so bad. They used to be massively creative, interesting, atmospheric and energetic, this is just bullshit that every other metal band does. :( Degeneration. With this album I guess they'll be one of the bands whose albums have 10 songs that sound exactly alike. They used to have epic songs... these don't even raise my eyebrow.

This music is for 18 year old idiots who've never heard anything heavy before.

For a song called I Hurt I would've included an atmospheric intro, painful whispers, intense beats and slicing melodies, with a slower romantic chorus. It's disappointing to see I have way more creativity than the band I (used to) worship and I don't even do music myself.

This was worse than I could imagine in my most pessimistic angst moments. Sorry. At least now we know why Roope left.

Listened to the samples twice and no need to ever listen again.

Going off your comments, I won't listen to the pre-view, today has been a good day. And I don't want to ruin it by listening to god awful dogshit bullshit aids ridden samples. I'm just gonna buy the album when it comes out and be disappointed. Catch you later.

So the interlude from I hurt is actually the song starting in the end of Official Morrigan posted by Nuclear blast ..

My review :

I hurt sounds boring, chorus isnt that catchy (wheres the super catchy chorus from AYDY and HCDR?)
My Bodom is sounding like I hurt, but i can hear some good things going in the background. i realy want to hear the full song

this album in my opinion is dark, lot of breakdowns, mid tempo, boring, rythmic, less melodies, no surprises..

i hope i'm wrong, but i really hope that i change my opinion after the official release.

This is not even music. Just shouting over heavy instruments. It's like Bodom had 2 days time to do this motherfucking album and still incredibly bad!!!! I could tolerate my favourite racing driver being a social idiot because he was the fastest, now he's slow. I could tolerate Alexi and Janne being fucking idiots in interviews because the wrote the best music, now it's crap!

mqdefault.jpg
Hi I'm Alexi that doesn't look like Alexi and welcome to the Bodom album that doesn't sound like a Bodom album

Going off your comments, I won't listen to the pre-view, today has been a good day. And I don't want to ruin it by listening to god awful dogshit bullshit aids ridden samples. I'm just gonna buy the album when it comes out and be disappointed. Catch you later.

:D Beautiful attitude dude!

This is not even music. Just shouting over heavy instruments. It's like Bodom had 2 days time to do this motherfucking album and still incredibly bad!!!! I could tolerate my favourite racing driver being a social idiot because he was the fastest, now he's slow. I could tolerate Alexi and Janne being fucking idiots in interviews because the wrote the best music, now it's crap!

Yeah, so far everything we've heard sounds like it's been made in a jam session. Drum beats and random heavy riffs on top. There's not a single real melody in any of the songs we've heard so far. Morrigan's chorus is the closest thing to a melody we've heard so far, but even that can barely be called a melody if at all.

Allow me to try and mediate everyones negativity here. As I think most people are over reacting considering its just short samples from 2 of the 8 songs we haven't heard yet. Im not sure what everyones expectations were/ are for this album. But there hasn't been a chance that they go back to the more Neo-Classical sound since BD. So that shouldn't be a thought on anyones mind. They've been getting heavier for a while. But Halo was a definite return to form in many ways. A great mix of all their styles.

I think a fair expectation for IWC is for them to build on that progress and add new ideas. However it seems they are actually reverting to a heavier sound. But we shouldn't all hone in on the negatives. The I Hurt sample has a cool Guitar and Key Melody. Sounds like up tempo transitions. And Janne mentioned a Power Metal esque, aka very Melodic intro. So that has promise. My Bodom sounds heavier and more frantic which makes the Keys stand out more. Key Solo sounds great. Morrigan is Morrigan. Hopefully one of only two slow songs.

Im not trying to say this will be FTR part 2. And I have said Im pretty much expecting it to be on the RRF/ BD level. But it won't be absolute trash. And I think everyone is expecting every moment of every song to have that wow factor. It just aint happening on this album. But instead of over reacting we all should scale back our expectations a bit and try to dissect the samples as they are released in a more intelligent way

Totally loved both samples. I was a bit surprised by iHurt though, but My Bodom sounds extremely promising.

By the way, My Bodom and iHurt are also in drop B tuning. That's 4 songs on this album in that tuning so I guess the only other possible tuning will be the C# as in the old time =)

Allow me to try and mediate everyones negativity here. As I think most people are over reacting considering its just short samples from 2 of the 8 songs we haven't heard yet. Im not sure what everyones expectations were/ are for this album. But there hasn't been a chance that they go back to the more Neo-Classical sound since BD. So that shouldn't be a thought on anyones mind. They've been getting heavier for a while. But Halo was a definite return to form in many ways. A great mix of all their styles.

I think a fair expectation for IWC is for them to build on that progress and add new ideas. However it seems they are actually reverting to a heavier sound. But we shouldn't all hone in on the negatives. The I Hurt sample has a cool Guitar and Key Melody. Sounds like up tempo transitions. And Janne mentioned a Power Metal esque, aka very Melodic intro. So that has promise. My Bodom sounds heavier and more frantic which makes the Keys stand out more. Key Solo sounds great. Morrigan is Morrigan. Hopefully one of only two slow songs.

Im not trying to say this will be FTR part 2. And I have said Im pretty much expecting it to be on the RRF/ BD level. But it won't be absolute trash. And I think everyone is expecting every moment of every song to have that wow factor. It just aint happening on this album. But instead of over reacting we all should scale back our expectations a bit and try to dissect the samples as they are released in a more intelligent way

This just isn't Bodom anymore. When you listen to songs like Warheart, Follow the Reaper, the distance in epicness is a light year. They lack creativity so they go drop-B tuning to sound heavy. Well, Hatebreeder has songs that sound heavier despite being in "nintendo" sound and D-standard, it's just more magical song-wise. There is a clear lack of depth on the creativity side. I guess the rest of the songs refuse to shine, as this album has decided to suck. It's just very disappointing, anti-climax. How I wish I could praise it, but sadly I can't.

Guess I'm the minority. I'm excited to hear the rest of these songs. I accepted the fact that pre HCDR COB is never coming back but this album seems to be a fresh take on the COB soundworld. It's not creative but as long as it's effective. I love Morrigan now and I'm sure there will be at least another song or two that are just as good or better.

Totally loved both samples. I was a bit surprised by iHurt though, but My Bodom sounds extremely promising.

By the way, My Bodom and iHurt are also in drop B tuning. That's 4 songs on this album in that tuning so I guess the only other possible tuning will be the C# as in the old time =)

Yeah those lower Vocals are a bit different and its definitely very Heavy sounding. But also fast and the verse Riff while Alexi is talking actually sounds sort of Black Metal-ish. Which is different

My Bodom has an intriguing Keyboard atmosphere. Im actually kind of excited for these two songs. Which is the first.time I have been since before Morrigan was released.

I thought the entire album was in Drop B?

This just isn't Bodom anymore. When you listen to songs like Warheart, Follow the Reaper, the distance in epicness is a light year. They lack creativity so they go drop-B tuning to sound heavy. Well, Hatebreeder has songs that sound heavier despite being in "nintendo" sound and D-standard, it's just more magical song-wise. There is a clear lack of depth on the creativity side. I guess the rest of the songs refuse to shine, as this album has decided to suck. It's just very disappointing, anti-climax. How I wish I could praise it, but sadly I can't.

I agree to a point Joonas. But the old Neo- Classical sound isn't their core style anymore. They've become more varied with the Guitar Riffs and everything changes with and around that. Bands have to change otherwise their sound becomes stagnant and repetitive. However I will say there are more elaborate and innovative ways to change rather than just getting Heavier. I've said a few times they could add more Electronic and Symphonic Keyboards. Progressive elements etc. Adding those on top of the Halo progress would undoubtedly be epic as fuck. But this is not what Alexi has chosen to do. We just have to wait to hear the rest and dissect from there. But judging from a preconceived expectation of "Neo- Classical Bodom returns or bust" is only going to let you down man

When you make melodic death metal with rock guitar sound, it won't sound dark. Alexi would probably like to play rock these days, since 2010 or so.

I'm listening to this record because I want to sense darkness. Tired of all the bullshit light side metal.

It's quite similar sound to this, some pretty fucking dark riffing from 1:52 ->

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, these samples are growing on me very fast. The chorus of "My bodom" just melt me down. it's as epic as morigan's one.
At least we got 3 songs better than the title track..

Thought these were going to be terrible after after reading all your comments. 'I Hurt' sounds sick! Sounds like there's some great atmosphere going on during the pre "power metal" part and I think the chorus sounds great. Hard to really get a reading on 'My Bodom'. The keyboards over the riff at the end sound fantastic though.