"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

So much stuff, many breeds of dark atmosphere, but nearly all of the artists are past their prime or inactive, so it's exciting when COB's new creation is about to see daylight.

Tonight curiosity drew me to check this shit out... I went to a bar to hook up with some sluts, had a tea and slammed this on my ears cos there was some pop shit playing... this brought sanity to the idioticity I was witnessing, then I just left...

Never listening to this again, tho... forgettable.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does one go from dark and atmospheric to COB?

In any case, if someone were to like melodic death metal, these guys are fantastic. Their album is keeping me entertained till IWC comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not MDM though, it's MDMcore or what they call modern melodeath or what some call shit. I'd rather listen to Carcass' or At the Gates' last albums :kickass:
Also, Killing Gandhi what kind of name is that? Writer's block at the stage of choosing the band's name?

If you want quality and atmosphere Joonas I can recommend you to check those guys Arcturus - Arcturian
It isn't exactly "expectable", and that's good since apparently you dislike that ^^

I discovered them just 2 months ago but it's an old band so there are chances you already know them, but if not and if you like this video, check their album The Sham Mirrors which is perfection in it's own kind as I wouldn't take even one song out of it.

Even Halo of Blood's promo shoots are much better than IWC!

cslClRbl.jpg
ePiJMR4l.jpg

I'm not exactly thrilled. You can clearly tell we're not dealing with a new cult album here. 7/10, boring, predictable, lacking solos... tuning the guitars lower won't save the day.

The band keeps saying it's dark and catchy... well what is? There's one dark and catchy riff in Morrigan. There better be more on the album. Well apparently at least Alexi is excited about songs 1, 4, 10 besides what we've heard so far, so gotta check it out...

so i think i have pretty much figured this album out. we already know from what they have said that the song structures are more simple and that is why alexi thinks it is catchier. not because it has amazingly catchy riffs.

many music listeners today need songs that are easily digestible, meaning very straight to the point verse/chorus/verse/chorus. if they are any more complicated people will not try to figure it out, they will just move on. they wont take the time to listen 20 times to let it sink in.

for me, it was always the songs that took me 20 listens to get that were the songs i ended up loving the most and being able to listen to for years. songs that are easily digestible are catchy from the first listen but after 20 listens you never want to hear it again because its boring.

bodom has always had intros and bridges, break downs, long solos and then 2nd solos, and leads etc etc which is exactly why i loved them and why they have literally been able to stay on my playlist for the last 11 years.

it seems that bodom has decided that they really want to win over the more mainstream listener. im sure it will probably still have a few really cools riffs and a couple good solos but and the end of the day the simplicity of it will probably make me tire of it quickly. it would be a shame if im right.

I know I became annoyingly pessimistic. It's just projecting out the feeling I got after anticipating and disappointing with IWC. Means I'll not be fooled again, holding breath and then punched in stomach... fuck I hated it when I came to read the comments here before listening to the song and everybody was telling it's their worst song ever... then I listened to it and it was as shocking as WIWI... my last hopes of another SNBN vanished.

Alexi was recording those riffs only this evening? I guess it's gonna come out right after the album. Why increase our pain?

To create anticipation they should release one song description (randomly, not numerically) in facebook per week, together with 10 second sample if they can't find words to describe it...

Why is this album labeled dark? There's that one dark riff in Morrigan that sends shivers across my skin. Maybe there's more, but the tendency to sound American is present and it's like a plague.

I want more samples, I'm excited and scared...

I'll suggest.. do it like me. Book a flight to somewhere from Oct 3rd till Oct 27th with no internet and come here back first before listening to the album and read the comments. This is what I'm doing first when I'm back at germany. First thing is to take a look at this forum and when I'll see 5 new topics with Joonas as last answer, I'll know it's either not worthing listening to it or it's an amazing album.

FYI: There will be no tabs for any of the new songs from me in October.

Here's a great and memorable melody for you in case we're getting braindead by now: 1:10. Wonder if Bodom have such slow melodies on the new album, or epic melodies in general.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6BOgw6rwAM&index=12&list=PL403D4CDE9060EE24[/ame]