"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

How on earth would anyone know what blows you away. I get the impression you need to start watching movies or go to the opera for the kind of experience you're looking from a metal song. Plus, unless your 13-17, stuff just doesn't blow you away anymore. Haven't you noticed?

I can subscribe this. Also games nowadays don't "blow my mind" or are so awesome to get as child. I just listen music and find something new songs after that, I play games and buy new ones after that.

In my case games still manage to impress me. I don't expect every game to do so, but there is still a lot of room for improvement in gaming when it comes to story, visuals, immersion, etc. I count on a great game coming out every 1-3 years. TV shows have replaced movies in terms of greatness. There are lots of fantastic series out there, but movies on the other hand rarely dare to go beyond the formulaic. But that's also because I've seen so many over the decades. Similarly, there are no leaps of improvement in music for me anymore. The last albums that truly blew me away were Psycroptic's Ob(Servant) and Eluveitie's Slania. And those came out in 2008.

Huh? Because Randy ordered Alexi not to write a solo on one song?

I don't care for Randy, I don't understand why he gets so much publicity. But he's right in this case. 99% of solos out there are crap and a waste of time and effort. I'd rather hear a drum solo, or imagine, a bass solo! Heads would explode at the audacity. Among the 1% of solos that are great are of course Alexi's.

Some folks here will have to find a way to forgive Alexi for writing a song without guitar solo.

Depends a lot on the band whether the solo's are good or not. Some bands and guitarists just have a certain way of making solos that tends to sound pretty good. Of course there's variation in solos from the same band too, but in general a solo from, say Diablo, sounds better than one from Slayer, at least in my opinion. I don't really like mindless shredding.

Slayer's solos don't sound good melodically, if you will, but they are brilliant in the own wicked way.

Roope on FB (can't 100% verify it is him): Alexi wishes he could play guitar half as good as I do.

Also, I was blasting "Halo of Blood" in my car the other day and that album has held up so well. I think it is definitely my favorite Bodom album.

Great album, just wish it had even more leads and melodies and I prefer the earlier tone over Marshall JVM and Engl e530, they both have too much treble going for them. GP-1000 is basically a hot rod fender with some mods and it is perfect for fast metal such as Bodom.

Great album, just wish it had even more leads and melodies and I prefer the earlier tone over Marshall JVM and Engl e530, they both have too much treble going for them. GP-1000 is basically a hot rod fender with some mods and it is perfect for fast metal such as Bodom.

I love the tone on HoB because of the treble / mids. The album as a whole is sonically amazing.

I love the tone on HoB because of the treble / mids. The album as a whole is sonically amazing.

Agreed I'm glad the guitar tone is getting better again. Morrigan tone sounds pretty cool. Hatebreeder and To Hell And Back had the best tone IMO- Don't know why Alexi decided to fuck with it. His worst tone has to be Blooddrunk- I'd like that album so much more if he didn't mess with it.

Bodom should get something like this on an album cover one day:
1439870314847.jpg

Bodom should get something like this on an album cover one day

I'd say a single color is better in expressing a certain atmosphere. We're also talking about a horror theme, so the nature can be exposed more ugly/withering/damp. And it needs an artistic idea, not just a pretty landscape. But yeah, mist either on land or lake would be cool. I wanted a Bodom artwork with full moon and mist and the ghosts etc..

Also, I was blasting "Halo of Blood" in my car the other day and that album has held up so well. I think it is definitely my favorite Bodom album.

Same here, it really has held up so well I love almost every song on that album. Definitely in the top 3 for me it's one hell of a strong album compared to the previous several, which I still enjoyed, but HoB was a clear step in the right direction and got them some momentum back. Really hoping the rest of IWC is up there with it, haven't been too impressed so far but their choice of singles usually don't represent the album that well anyway. HCDR is probably my favorite tone, it's harsh but has balls to it and fits in with the album, HB is just too thin sounding