"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Where's your interview?
I had a nice chat with Janne on Sunday while I was visiting Lake Bodom. :)
We talked about big surprises in the new album, he said that track no9 (All for Nothing is the weirdest COB song ever) the fact the title track is missing guitar solo (also happens in another song FYI), cover songs and W13, Roope, Warmen, future plans and some more. Should be up within the next couple of days.
I'll try to have it ready in english tomorrow and post it here.

I had a nice chat with Janne on Sunday while I was visiting Lake Bodom. :)
We talked about big surprises in the new album, he said that track no9 (All for Nothing is the weirdest COB song ever) the fact the title track is missing guitar solo (also happens in another song FYI), cover songs and W13, Roope, Warmen, future plans and some more. Should be up within the next couple of days.
I'll try to have it ready in english tomorrow and post it here.

Oh no, another song without a solo. The board is going to explode.

Bodom should get something like this on an album cover one day:
1439870314847.jpg

That does look amazing.

Weirdest = bad. If you like something even though you find it strange, you don't describe it as weird, you describe it as interesting/new/etc. Lack of riffs, lack of solos, confirmed rushed record.

If it's sucky then I at least wanna hear the low end of the open B. I think we can expect an album as good as HoB but not more. Two songs was enough to find out the potential, the strength and weakness of this operation. On the other hand I'm just dying to find out if for once I could be surprised.

If it's sucky then I at least wanna hear the low end of the open B. I think we can expect an album as good as HoB but not more. Two songs was enough to find out the potential, the strength and weakness of this operation. On the other hand I'm just dying to find out if for once I could be surprised.

Ι rank Halo of Blood quite high in the CoB discography (quality-wise) and so far I don't think I Worship Chaos will be on par. 'Morrigan' is ok but the title track felt totally uninspired, and those quotes from the interview don't sound promising either. We'll find out in due time I guess.

Other than Alexi none of them seem very excited about it, all of them especially Janne have only described it as weird or different which aren't used as very positive descriptions. I'm alright if it's different than anything they've done, that's interesting, but their attitudes seem like it's different in a disappointing way instead

Yeah, this gonna suck. The marketing is so transparent and dry.

Still, at least I'm excited to hear it since Alexi is saying it's the best album in a very long time (since Blooddrunk or HCDR or what...?) albeit this is what they say every time until admitting at the next record it wasn't that great.

Halo was supposed to be a dark album but only a couple songs felt dark. Just as IWC isn't dark at all like Morrigan is. It's still a mystery whether catchy and easy to approach means it's got very tasty melodies or the song structures are poor.

Got around to checking out the new songs - well... First two songs of the album failed to impress, not a good sign. Not bad, just sound kinda, I dunno, forced? Boring?

Also, which genius decided to make a lyrics video? I know it's trendy and all, but a lyrics video? For a CoB song? Seriously? :lol:

C'mon, Roope had no style nor life in him. Alexander didn't cramp Alexi's style either but gave him confidence and freed him up to let loose.

I wish IWC were a follow up to AYDY, I keep waiting for AYDY II. But the two songs we have don't sound anything like it. While the song IWC is "heavier" that's about it. The overall sound from what we can tell so far is rather weak. Keys get to play too prominent a role. That's the complete opposite of AYDY which had a downright br00tal sound and keys played a minor role.

Also, which genius decided to make a lyrics video? I know it's trendy and all, but a lyrics video? For a CoB song? Seriously? :lol:

Didn't I predict this like two months ago or so? Before Morrigan was released anyway. One single and one lyrics video. That's the new trend. Every single band does it.

What's with all the AYDY? Love? Everybody knows that HCDR is Alexis favorite, and also the album that really put them mainstream. It also has the best production of them all, and best sound overall. If they made another one like that I would be pleased enough! Or another HOB style album would aslo be welcome and of course the older ones. But not another BD, RRF or AYDY, those are they worst albums and don't have many songs played live....

And Roope no style? seriously? Listen to Sinergy and Stone and tell me that he's not got style! Many of those albums are in fact alot better than recent Bodom albums.

Judging by Stone's melodic he's got twice the Alexi's style honestly.

What is yall saying? IMO what initially set off Children of Bodom as a neo-classical band was Alexi's classical influence and him loving malmsteen so much. You can trace 80% of alexi's old licks back to Yngwe , not to mention the whole last section of Kissing the shadows where the solos are just built off the solo section in far beyond the sun.