"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Which one has the melody that's in the end of the Morrigan video, because that's the best part of the new album so far, imo.

Sure cos the interviewer is likeable and speaks English natively and doesn't ask stupid questions. And America is big country.

Sure cos the interviewer is likeable and speaks English natively and doesn't ask stupid questions. And America is big country.

Yeah...but seems like Europe and it's music doesn't interest him anymore, he only wants to be big in the States...in European interviews he seemed bored as fuck.

Curious point: the Morrigan sample (chorus) is horrible too, happens to be the worst part of the song, maybe this gives hope. Anyway, I'm mostly interested to hear songs 4, 5, 8, 9, 10. From everything I've read and heard I suspect 10 is the best song.

4:15 ->

Right after this Everytime I Die started playing and oh my god the difference. Alexi is living in serious denial if he doesn't even consider the old great songs as hits. But I have a theory. When he seemed to heal from depression around 2002, their music changed drastically. I think he took meds, and mood medication can kill your creativity. I'm just saddened, I wish the best of success for the guy, but it's like he got hijacked by an alien bug that went up thru the nose. How does one go from writing Follow the Reaper to writing IWC? Maybe it's just a matter of personal taste, and of course it's hard to satisfy fans that always expect a cult piece.

To be fair sleep is very important. Alexi's forced into ridiculously tight schedules as the record label handles art as business. When you're tired, doing shit past midnight (like myself now), it's not gonna sound as good in the morning as you thought it did at night. At night you can maybe imagine all kinds of atmosphere in a sheer guitar riff, but once your brain is lit up at daytime you realize it's not as epic as you thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
The good thing about this new record is the fact that songs are quite similar unlike on HOB and RRF which got more diversified styles. That gives the album a specific style, a soundworld and a specific atmosphere.
Also, dominant keyboard (content and volume) saves the lack of melodies IMO.

We played the "guessing game" with RRF's samples and got burnt, I'm not going there again. The "breakdown" shit sounds bad, but I'll wait till I have the full song, because we also had the end of it on the Morrigan sample and most of us thought "damn that's not bad!", and now this other sample comes out and it sucks, so let's see what happens.

Am i the only one who think the melody of i hurt (in the end of morrigan official track) is similar with Living dead beat main melody?
obviosly it gonna be the main melody of i hurt and might be the intro

They both sound better with the bits done by Sany. I actually like I Hurt more than My Bodom based on the snippets (After one listen at least).