"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Well, you seemed to be fooling yourself thinking Bodom is what it used to be. For me this is really high standard in a different way than SW or HCDR was but still, they apparently managed to make another wonderful album and I won't complain about that. I personnally think that Prayer will be the boring one. A slow slow and atmospheric song, ok why not, but this is so far behind Angels Don't Kill for exemple (imo).

Joonas, why do you always pick the worst song everytime? assuming Prayer is the best and unique favorite on the album?
Well i can understand since Silent night bodom night is best bodom song ever for you

Interesting fact though is that the band's most famous songs are actually simple songs you can learn to play in 30 minutes or less. Angels Don't Kill, Every Time I Die, Sixpounder, Needled 24/7 and so on...

Maybe this was a reasonable idea for this album, since HOB didn't make much success. Make things simple and people will love it.

This my friends is what's called selling the soul. If COB's discography suddenly didn't exist, I'm sure Alexi would come up with epic melodic metal. This is just the typical American pounding noise shit. There were no bands above Bodom so they had to mimic worse bands, I guess... I would've liked them to take a more black metalish, even more atmospheric, brutal and climatic style instead of this soulless chugga chugga screamo.

My Bodom verse is straight from one In Flames song. If you played someone Bed of Razors and any In Flames, he'd think My Bodom is an In Flames song. It's remarkable how much they've changed. The songs used to be intricate, a constant energy that transformed like a serpent flying in the sky, they had clear spirit and hymn, heck, even HCDR songs were atmospheric and flowing compared to this. Being harsh, but it's the reality. Why I'm not angry is because this is natural for all artists. They never quite repeat their masterpieces in terms of feeling, just exploring new waters but rarely finding anything worthwhile.

The standards were extremely high, old fans are expecting always for their adored band to discover new pathways to divine listening experiences, but it has to be accepted it's not easy to constantly repeat utter epicness. You need to understand soundworld or song technicality have nothing to do with what makes an epic song. They're very important, but only the reflection of the creative power. Well, I still thank them for at least making a couple amazing riffs and one amazing melody.

There were no bands above Bodom so they had to mimic worse bands, I guess.

I understand your sentiment. You expect more than just traces of the epic Melodic-ness in a heavier package. So do I. To me I get more disappointed by them squandering some of their max potential than what newer music they've been creating. But if you believe that there aren't any(Melodic Death) bands better than Bodom then you have obviously never listened to Sunless Rise, Sympuls-E or Skyfire. These bands take the style into an even higher, more diverse dimension. Hell, had Imperanon kept going they would of probably surpassed them as well.