"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

I understand your sentiment. You expect more than just traces of the epic Melodic-ness in a heavier package. So do I. To me I get more disappointed by them squandering some of their max potential than what newer music they've been creating. But if you believe that there aren't any(Melodic Death) bands better than Bodom then you have obviously never listened to Sunless Rise, Sympuls-E or Skyfire. These bands take the style into an even higher, more diverse dimension. Hell, had Imperanon kept going they would of probably surpassed them as well.

I don't know... but (for me) Bodom has a very unique style(especially the early one), that these specified bands couldn't mimic at all. Skyfire is just awesome, as I wrote before, I didn't really listened to Sympuls-E, but they are very good too and I don't know Sunless Rise, but thanks for the tip I will check it ;) They are technically and sometimes melodically over Bodom, but -and I have to be Joonas here- they don't have this atmosphere, yes they have their atmosphere but as far as I know, they don't have this "raw, wild, energetic, aggressive style mixed up with the lakes and trees" atmosphere and that's make Bodom the only One, imo.

I understand your sentiment. You expect more than just traces of the epic Melodic-ness in a heavier package. So do I. To me I get more disappointed by them squandering some of their max potential than what newer music they've been creating. But if you believe that there aren't any(Melodic Death) bands better than Bodom then you have obviously never listened to Sunless Rise, Sympuls-E or Skyfire. These bands take the style into an even higher, more diverse dimension. Hell, had Imperanon kept going they would of probably surpassed them as well.

Did you hear Imperanon's music after their album? Their 2006 demo was miles different, there is a good reason they quit... then the main singer wanted to become purely a vocalist and started singing mainly clean (then joined Norther, what a waste of time that was) and gave up guitar.

Anyone care to record the samples from the Japanese Amazon? I don't get the song list and can't listen to it. You can leave out Morrigan, I Hurt, IWC and Suicide Bomber as I've already heard those.

Anyone care to record the samples from the Japanese Amazon? I don't get the song list and can't listen to it. You can leave out Morrigan, I Hurt, IWC and Suicide Bomber as I've already heard those.

I did stumble upon this problem this morning. Like Falc0n said on the last post of the last page, it won't work with Chrome!

I don't know... but (for me) Bodom has a very unique style(especially the early one), that these specified bands couldn't mimic at all. Skyfire is just awesome, as I wrote before, I didn't really listened to Sympuls-E, but they are very good too and I don't know Sunless Rise, but thanks for the tip I will check it ;) They are technically and sometimes melodically over Bodom, but -and I have to be Joonas here- they don't have this atmosphere, yes they have their atmosphere but as far as I know, they don't have this "raw, wild, energetic, aggressive style mixed up with the lakes and trees" atmosphere and that's make Bodom the only One, imo.

Yes I do agree. First 3 albums just have that auroa and raw majestic quality to them. It was the birth of a new style of Melodic Death. It had that same inceptionous ingenuity like the first Swedish bands had in the early 90's. Which is incredibly rare to occur. Really was like Finland putting their stamp on MDM. Unique to Bodom alone But after their sound became birth to a new style of the subgenre. People say mimicked by, but I say build upon by Norther and the others.

So it has become a foundation type sound for others to work with. Skyfire is sick. My favorite band. They are a perfect mix of Atmospheric and Symphonic Melodies with varied Guitars and a Progressive touch. Take the sound to different places. No problem dude. Glad to share great bands with others. Def gotta look more into Sympuls-E. They add Electronic- Techno like Keyboards and their Guitarist fucking Shreds man. And Sunless Rise! They are an insane band. Its like Bodom meets Dragonforce. They go a million miles a minute with a sonic onslaught of every instrument at peak epicness. They only have one 4 song demo. And an early demo with older versions of 2 of those songs.

:

Did you hear Imperanon's music after their album? Their 2006 demo was miles different, there is a good reason they quit... then the main singer wanted to become purely a vocalist and started singing mainly clean (then joined Norther, what a waste of time that was) and gave up guitar.

Yeah dude the 2006 Demo. Or Imperanon II. I love it. Listen to it all the time. Heavier but the songs were greatly constructed. You can't tell me Set it Off doesn't fucking slay! Also its a damn shame Virta is now wasting him skills playing Folk crap with Finntroll.

Yeah it is very disappointing how both those bands faded out. Norther, and Aleksi's sudden decline as a musician more so. His cleans on Circle Regenerated were just god awful. Why interfere with Kride's cleans?! Stupid.

Preorder people in Europe! If you get em early, Please post when you get your package and what site you used. Im curious so I can time guage when I might get my CD.

Mad Supply send my order on friday,and the estimated delivery time is 1-7 working days. So If I'm really really fucky lucky, I've got it on Monday or Tuesday.

Mad Supply send my order on friday,and the estimated delivery time is 1-7 working days. So If I'm really really fucky lucky, I've got it on Monday or Tuesday.

Damn dude. 1-7 business days is fucking bogus. It's gonna be 10 days at minimum from Friday. We preordered. Our shit should be in transit right now!

Damn dude. 1-7 business days is fucking bogus. It's gonna be 10 days at minimum from Friday. We preordered. Our shit should be in transit right now!

I'm in Germany Dude. Inner Europe sendings doesn't take that long. 7 das is normally maximum last year I ordered twice from Mad Supply, First Time it took 4 days and the second time only 3 days.