"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Old fractures barely have anything to do with Laihos playing skills. That's bullshit. He's still as fast as he was when he was younger, he still plays live gigs and the fact that his songs are nowadays much more complicated and harder to play, speak against it.
If he had any problems because of his fractures, he would be able to play the songs he composed since RRF. And the reason his playing isn't as clean as it was is simple: Other equipment, less practise and his "everybody knows I can play and I'm famous, so why should I prove it again?" attitude.

It can actually have an influence, it depends on what you break and how it heals, but I'm not saying it definitely has. And as I said, it's him recording the albums, so he CAN play them, but I just wonder if there's anything else behind his live sloppiness other than the "having the guitar balls-height is cooler" attitute (even if he's come back up a little bit nowadays).

People are listening to other songs already. The leak is out somewhere.

If by people you mean magazines and so on sure, but if you mean actual non-music-magazine-related people and so on, how do you know that?

I think he accidentally put on Dissection's most famous disc back in 2013 so he got some influences, but this spring he has listened to some LOG, during the making of the album.

I've found a potential leak link but doesn't work for my country. i dont now if i could post it here so someone could download and see if its real or fake.

I loeadet it to, and I can assure that there are the mp3 files, problem is, I can' open it without the password.
That very often means it's a fake album. I have seen many such Reddit links before and always days before the actual leak. I never downloaded because I knew those were fakes. If those had been real they would have spread quickly.

Guys, sorry to interrupt the conversation above, I too dislike 'I Hurt' and 'I Worship Chaos' just like most of the members here, I think these songs are poor, whereas 'Morrigan' is ok. 'Suicide Bomber', on the other hand, is such an addictive song. I've been listening to it non-stop! We may already be able to tell that this album will not be on bar with (the great) Halo of Blood, but if they can deliver 4-5 really good songs, then color me satisfied!

(By the way, loved your guitar cover Arcane! \m/)

We may be able to tell that this album will not be on bar with (the great) Halo of Blood, but if they can deliver 4-5 really good songs, then color me satisfied!

#ColorMeSatisfied! Lmao great phrase!! Yeah Im basically at that point too. I still have mixed expectations for IWC. I think the overall heavier tone is really going to bother me. I haven't listened to either one of I Hurt or Suicide Bomber yet, but everyone said SB is awesome and the best song so far. Which gives the album potential. But then the boring and repetitive title track negates it. I think this album is going to have a lot of hit and miss songs. Im pretty nervous about it. But /either/ way I'll be slugging some Finlandia Vodka during the first listen through. Calm the nerves a bit!

Suicide Bomber is a fantastic song. At least in its first segment. The second is dreadful. The third is a little better. The first solo is a bit too heavy metalish for the song, but the others solos are great. And that's how I Hurt, IWC and even Morrigan are structured. They start great, bombastic, but are following by some lame, dull, silly sequence of chords (or key melody). The question is weather the great segment makes up for the others. In the case of Suicide Bomber and Morrigan the consensus seems to be yes, in the case of the other two songs not so much. Although remember how much people liked the beginning of I Hurt before they heard the rest of the song.

Been lurking for a while, so I'm gonna post for once.

I've been a fan of this band for maybe a year and a half, and while Hatebreeder is my favorite album, followed by FTR and then HOB/HCDR/AYDY, I like all of the albums except Blooddrunk. If the album is at least half good material, I'll be very happy.

My favorite song so far is Morrigan, and the pre-chorus riff is actually one of my favorites and one of my favorite to play on guitar. I do dig the solo unlike most people. The video is atrocious and I feel like the band didn't have anything to do with it and it was just done quickly and approved by the record label.

I Hurt is my second favorite. I love the opening riff and originally I hated the 'breakdown' right after the intro but with more listens I've started to like it. I can understand when some songs don't have solos, but this song is begging for one, either right after the harmony with the opening riff or after 'LET ME GO'. I still dig this song either way.

Suicide Bomber is good but I don't feel all the 'magic' that everyone hears in it.

I Worship Chaos - I dig the intro riff but after that it's kinda lame. Still very listenable but it's not that great. I'm excited to hear the album. On top of that, I love the cover art. The yellow color works great and I just think it's well done, though I hate the font the album title is written it and I hate the album title in general.

Waited a long time to post! But I completely agree with you.. I'm not feeling Suicide Bomber as much as Morrigan and I Hurt. Although I do like when he screams "We're gonna crash, We're gonna burn" :devil:

I don't get I Hurt, what am I doing wrong? I think it's equally bad to In Your Face which is the worst COB song of all time, in my opinion.