"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

really keen to hear the solos in all for nothing. new reviews ive been reading make it out to be the best with widdershins close behind. dont really care about hearing the others from what ive heard in the snippets but if they end up being decent, all the better.

Uhm...no. Just take a look at his tattoos ;)

Just watched that video again. I think his playing isn't sloppy at all in that one (his playing in the last YG Magazine Video was way worse) and the tone is ok (aso much better than the tone in that "how to play different HOB song parts" video).
His song writing is so different compared to the older times.. Of course, most of you would say his writing is worse than 10 years ago.. I would agree with it, speaking of leads and melodies, but I definitely like his weird riffing stuff more (except IWC of course which sucks). The horns thing, all for nothing riff and even the riffs in Morrigan are awesome. Especially all for nothing. I'm a big fan of that string skipping stuff and I like his rythm changes during one riff

From a guitar playing perspective sure, but I think he can still figure out how to combine both better. Suicide Bomber is a good example, IWC/I Hurt... not so much. I am nonetheless looking forward to the rest of the album, even more so after the video.

Bone fractures can easily take that magical top form away. But, they do not hinder the ability to write creative music.

Not really, that comes from his head. He's got to be able to play what he comes up with in his mind though, and that's where I ask myself if the injury might have had an effect on it.

Old fractures barely have anything to do with Laihos playing skills. That's bullshit. He's still as fast as he was when he was younger, he still plays live gigs and the fact that his songs are nowadays much more complicated and harder to play, speak against it.
If he had any problems because of his fractures, he would be able to play the songs he composed since RRF. And the reason his playing isn't as clean as it was is simple: Other equipment, less practise and his "everybody knows I can play and I'm famous, so why should I prove it again?" attitude.

Yeah. Obviously it depends how crucial the damage is to joints and ligaments, you might get pain in fingers and you might lose some of their fine motoric movement. We discussed this when AYDY came out more simplistic after the damage. But it was the picking hand, right? So that's no excuse. If the left wrist was broken, that might have a say in how much he could play stuff with the fingers spread to a spider position. Alexi played relatively simple on Hatebreeder, so playing technically über complex isn't required to write epic Bodom songs. It's easy to damage fingers when screwing around drunk, then you have an annoying stinging sensation reminding you of that one stupid moment for the rest of your life when you bend those deformed joints. Playing guitar operates fingers in their natural motion, so it's likely they're honed painless in time.

Yeah. Obviously it depends how crucial the damage is to joints and ligaments, you might get pain in fingers and you might lose some of their fine motoric movement. We discussed this when AYDY came out more simplistic after the damage. But it was the picking hand, right? So that's no excuse. If the left wrist was broken, that might have a say in how much he could play stuff with the fingers spread to a spider position. Alexi played relatively simple on Hatebreeder, so playing technically über complex isn't required to write epic Bodom songs. It's easy to damage fingers when screwing around drunk, then you have an annoying stinging sensation reminding you of that one stupid moment for the rest of your life when you bend those deformed joints. Playing guitar operates fingers in their natural motion, so it's likely they're honed painless in time.

For me the right hand is much bigger a problem than the left when playing fast. My left could handle speeds around 10-20 BPM higher than I can truly play as my right hand starts lagging behind.

Right hand > left hand, most all decent guitarists will agree on that.

Motion of the picking hand wrist comes in rapid string skipping (jumping more than one string) vertically, while the left wrist motion is horizontal and happens when jumping octaves on notes and playing weird patterns...

It got potential to be one of the best track on the record. That whammy thing after verse sounds like You're Better Off Dead Intro.

Yeah My Bodom and Widdershins sound like the best songs based off the snippets, leak should be any day now

If I recall correctly Halo of Blood didn't leak (it was only made available when it was released in Japan or something). I think Nuclear Blast has their shit on lock so a leak is unlikely. Still possible but unlikely.

If I recall correctly Halo of Blood didn't leak (it was only made available when it was released in Japan or something). I think Nuclear Blast has their shit on lock so a leak is unlikely. Still possible but unlikely.

Yep and this one is coming out on the 2nd globally so we won't even have that. These final days waiting fucking suck.

As they said, for HOB the earlier release in Japan was the reason of that "leak". As I said, I think the labels decide when to leak something or not. Depends on the bands, it's just another former of marketing. But since it's not working that well with CoB we'll probably have to wait until frady ( if someone is lucky enough to get it on the very first day).

I feel that some people might joke about a leak, so lets say we won't believe those jokers if they don't come up with a link proving they're saying the truth.
And if you find a leak, spread it please.

To be honest I think now it more depends on music shops. They will get the albums about a week early before sale. Just need to hope there's a bodom fan out there who slips one home to burn it to there computer.