"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Since 2004. It's not about the singer, it's about the music, but the new singer is even more atrocious than the Swedish pop chick.

Why is it that all bands started sucking. :( Bodom, Nightwish, In Flames, Hypocrisy, Cradle of Filth, HIM, The 69 Eyes... And there's no new ones coming in.

Floor Jansen is atrocious? the fuck...

Since 2004. It's not about the singer, it's about the music, but the new singer is even more atrocious than the Swedish pop chick.

Why is it that all bands started sucking. :( Bodom, Nightwish, In Flames, Hypocrisy, Cradle of Filth, HIM, The 69 Eyes... And there's no new ones coming in.

DDP (2007) was still good, their best if you ask me. The singer ain't as good as before, but the music itself is better. Poet and the Pendulum is epic as fuck.

I worship chaos reminds me a bit on St.Anger (album), Slayer, Pantera and a slow downed version of Necrophagist. But it sounds nothing like Norther. Some people must be deaf...^^
Somebody noticed that really bad played squirrel at 0:45?
Whatever, I've found something that I like: The drums. Good mixing on it and a really nice snare!

You mean the harmonic? What's wrong with it? I'd have doubled it on the other guitar too, but I don't find it out of place.

I am definitely one of the more optimistic people on this board, but after hearing two singles I anticipate this album will suck.

Halo of Blood was a great album with solid artwork, riffs, melodies, and vocals. On the other hand, between Morrigan and IWC there isn't even a single good riff. Sure, the chorus of Morrigan was good, but the rest of the track was nothing special and IWC sounds like Bodom trying to do their Lamb of God impersonation.

I do not think the drop tuning worked, also the production on the new tracks isn't nearly as good other than the keyboards.

Production is fine but it's always a matter of taste and I don't like it either. Guitars sound weak, drums maybe too prominent, vocals are good though.

Production is fine but it's always a matter of taste and I don't like it either. Guitars sound weak, drums maybe too prominent, vocals are good though.

Drums too prominent? What about...all the other COB albums? If anything, since HOB drums have become less prominent.

I really hated I Worship Chaos when it was posted by users. The audio quality was bad, made the whole song sound like a chaotic fuzzy mess. After listening to the official post, it sounds somewhat better but I still don't like it. That riff is sorta cool but they do nothing with it. This sounds like a step back from what I liked from Halo Of Blood =\ Overall kind of boring :err:

I really don't understand all the hate the 2 singles are getting.
I'm a die hard old school COB fan but the argument "it's not like SW/HB/FT ergo is shit" is just plain stupid.

I used to feel that way for a long time but I got over it. If I wanna listen to some old school children of bodom I simply put on the old albums , why would I wanna hear something that's pretty much a copy of something already done? That's why those albums are unique in the first place. And this still gives us the opportunity to listen to some other COB styles which are all valid and legit.

I'm loving the aggression in I worship Chaos and the vibe throughout the whole song is pretty damn unique(besides the chorus reminding a bit of Knuckleduster or sm). The fact that there is no solo is unexpected from Alexi and honestly took me aback too but since when are solos mandatory in a song? There's heaps of good bands out there that don't even have any solos in their tracks , so what? If you are a musician you'd know that music is beyond that.

Morrigan is a sick track , the whole concept and atmosphere is awesome if you ask me and the chorus is just epic.

I really think COB have stepped up their game a lot in terms of composition and I'm really looking forward to hearing the whole album , pretty confident there's gonna be some sick material in there.