"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

well I guess its safe to say this album is another RRF

I feel Like HoB was giving the fans what they wanted to get back into the spotlight so that they were popular enough to drop IWC on us...
...funny thing though...HoB was a succes worldwide..

All For Nothing is probably the most contradicted song on the album. It's very different (in a good way) from other slow songs they've recorded but that fucking unnecessary soloing in the end ruins it completely. If they wanted to do shitty solo duels, they could've filled for example their title track with retarded wanking but instead they decided to ruin an otherwise completely well-written and well-executed song with it.

All IWC Lyrics are now Available @ Darklyrics:
http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/childrenofbodom/iworshipchaos.html

Btw: Refrain from My Bodom:
"I am the only one you left me walk away (dismay) slowly turns exerted (not gonna be deserted)"

Doesnt he Sing:
"I am the only one that walked away (dismay) slowly turns exerted (not gonna be deserted)"

Interesting, a lot of Morrigan lyrics are different from what I actually thought he was saying. After listening to My Bodom with the lyrics in my face (pun intended) I'm almost positive that Alexi isn't singing whats on the lyrics. Its only one line but it makes a hell of a difference. I swear I hear "I am the only one, who walks away this night, slowly turns exerted. (Not gonna be deserted)" :err::err::err::err::err::err::err::err:

All For Nothing is probably the most contradicted song on the album. It's very different (in a good way) from other slow songs they've recorded but that fucking unnecessary soloing in the end ruins it completely. If they wanted to do shitty solo duels, they could've filled for example their title track with retarded wanking but instead they decided to ruin an otherwise completely well-written and well-executed song with it.

I think that's what makes the song a bit more special to me. It fits nicely. What they should have done is to remove that shitty ending of Widdershins and ended it at 3:30 then change place with All for Nothing and end the album with that.

My Bodom: 10/10 , the best track on this record, it has almost everything, and IMO the only song where those chugga chugga thing is done the right way and not totally out of place. The best chorus I've heard in years.

Is it just the chorus why people like this song? Cos otherwise it is certainly their worst song ever. Why can't you hear it?

Is it just the chorus why people like this song? Cos otherwise it is certainly their worst song ever. Why can't you hear it?

I don't understand why people like Widdershins. It's probably the blandest CoB song ever. After few listens I've found some good elements in every other song except Widdershins, I don't simply get what's so damn great about it. Even My Bodom beats it easily.

I don't understand why people like Widdershins. It's probably the blandest CoB song ever. After few listens I've found some good elements in every other song except Widdershins, I don't simply get what's so damn great about it. Even My Bodom beats it easily.

Simply the part at 1:24 :)

Yes! Today I got I Worship Chaos!

Ib0Jj9LYrtw.jpg

Agreed, Widdershins is pretty shit. But ok that part at 1:24 to 1:48 is allright, but 24sec of OK doesn't make a song. They could have removed it, made a 9 song album and ended on a high with All for Nothing which IMO is the only great song on the album.

My Bodom, strangely, is one of my favourite songs from the CD and it's not just the chorus. I think the basic intro riff translates the mood nicely, structurally and rhythmically it's about the heartbeats, panic attacks and the coming realization of the events. A rare occasion when lyrics are not complete waste and play some role in the song.

I love the way it starts off honestly. Chorus is great too. Whole song is enjoyable.

As far as Widdershins - intro+chorus mainly too, but the whole song works well. Even the outro

My Bodom riffs are too simple, in flamish in a negative way, simply too fucking simple for a trained Bodom ear, they don't even sound good, they sound fucking crap.

Roadkill Morning was a song that started from mid-verse and I hated it at first but grew to like it, but this song My Bodom... you're hearing music where there is no music. We could forgive a bad chorus if the song was otherwise epic (like AYDY), but it's disappointing to see current Bodom fans hail this song just because it has an okay chorus.

What's your problem with In Flames :lol: do you at least mean the modern IF?

My Bodom riffs are too simple, in flamish in a negative way, simply too fucking simple for a trained Bodom ear, they don't even sound good, they sound fucking crap.

Roadkill Morning was a song that started from mid-verse and I hated it at first but grew to like it, but this song My Bodom... you're hearing music where there is no music. We could forgive a bad chorus if the song was otherwise epic (like AYDY), but it's disappointing to see current Bodom fans hail this song just because it has an okay chorus.

The chorus is good, the chugging is better than most of the chugging on the album. As a whole it's below Bodom's average though, so it's nothing amazing. All For Nothing is the only song on the album that I don't get bored listening to. Prayer For the Afflicted is good but it's too simple to be so long.

My Bodom, strangely, is one of my favourite songs from the CD and it's not just the chorus. I think the basic intro riff translates the mood nicely, structurally and rhythmically it's about the heartbeats, panic attacks and the coming realization of the events. A rare occasion when lyrics are not complete waste and play some role in the song.

Its not just My Bodom though, a lot of these songs have lyrics that actually have a story to them or are just better. They're are still some lines that are kind of just retarded, but not TCHB retarded. Widdershins makes me think of the Mensis Ritual that takes place in Bloodborne. So metal:devil::devil::devil::devil:

Haha, i absolutely love Widdershins. Except the outro which is so bad it is funny:) Wonder what they were thinking.
Also some parts of this song make me think we will see Alexi with a barritone/7 string guitar some day;)

I think that's what makes the song a bit more special to me. It fits nicely. What they should have done is to remove that shitty ending of Widdershins and ended it at 3:30 then change place with All for Nothing and end the album with that.

That is a sick idea. The album would then end with the most unique closing track to date. And those epic tradeoff solos would close out the album in a more reassuring way

I like In Flames of course (except the last few albums), but it's unacceptable for Bodom to have a sheer In Flames riff over silence. We used to have every second full of multidimensional epicness.

Prayer For the Afflicted is good but it's too simple to be so long.

Yeah, the melody bit should've been only a part of a series of guitar leads. In that sense I was disappointed, as nothing else stands out in the song.

This album won't be remembered for long. They did take my advice on making the best ideas repeated more as the backbone of the songs, but I dislike this soundworld and the songs are just too slow and too simple. But if it's all they had, it was wise to package it like this, instead of filling in with all kindz of senseless notes. What I would've done differently is I would've created a dark soundworld and speeded up the songs.

Widdershins makes me think of the Mensis Ritual that takes place in Bloodborne.

Wouldn't be the first time for Alexi. I don't know about CoB songs but at least two Sinergy songs are lyrically based on video games. Gallowmere is about MediEvil and Shadow Island is about Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare. Someone also said that Last Escape is about Resident Evil 3 but I think it's a little bit farfetched, even though RE3 is called Biohazard: The Last Escape in the glorious land of Nippon.