"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

My first song was Downfall as well and I was told the band's name is Cradle of Filth :lol::lol: I was like "fucking a these Cradle of Filth guys destroy, what guitar skills! The only thing is, this vocalist sucks ass!"

I first heard them from a guy in my ice hockey club. Probably played me Tie My Rope. Though it was a big pile of shit back then. A year or two later, Done With Everything, Die For Nothing got put in Guitar Hero 5 and I found it to be a brilliant song apart from the singing. So good in fact that I googled them and found Children of Decadence which is still one of my favorites. I hated the singing at first and actually listened to their 8-bit versions for the first few weeks before starting to listen to the better songs in normal format, eventually getting used to the singing and then starting to like it.

Same here, I didn't like the vocals at all on Downfall and later their 3 first albums when I bought them and actually prefered the vocals on AYDY. Now it's the complete opposite! But the vocals has always been a minor complaint for me when it comes to CoB, it's all about the music, melodies, solos, atmosphere, etc. And I can't hold it against Alexi, he is too old and his voice has changed to go back to that higher pitched voice he had back in the days.

First song I heard was Everytime I Die. I was like 7 years old and I saw the music video in Jyrki Countdown and it was pretty damn scary back then. I rediscovered CoB when I was 14 and I had the greatest flashback ever when I saw ETID music video again. I remembered some parts of the video like reaper running around the forest and some blindfolded edgy faggot tied to a hospital bed but I had no clue what band it was. It was pretty cool to find out that it was CoB.

Yayy, I had started with Redlight Part II. Back in 2004-5, I was a Nightwish fan still think that Tarja's era was the best, and once my brother came home with a Nightwish compilation he got the songs in mp3 and the Redlight was shown as a Nightwish bonus track, and nowhere in the file was mentioned it's a Bodom song. i looked a bit strange when I did my first listen, because it was too agressive for a Nightwish song, but I had always listened to it when the playlist came to there. later on my brother told me that's not NW and he brought home some other Bodom songs, Bed of Razors, Everytime I Die, Sixpounder along with a pair of songs from AYDY and soon we've listened to more and more...

I started listening to them in late 13 or early 14. I was subscribed to Chris Zoupa on YT who posted some awesome guitar videos/lessons and I was going through them and one was for Silent Night, Bodom Night. I hated all screamed vocals at the time but the song was awesome enough to get me to listen to the whole thing regardless. Eventually I warmed up to similar vocals by listening to some other stuff and then one day in September '14 while playing video games I decided to crank the whole Hatebreeder album and loved it.

COB tour with Devin Townsend? That's interesting, they don't have many similarities :lol: Have they ever teamed up with Annihilator for a Canadian tour?

I started listening to them in 2002 a few months before HCDR came out. My banned account, "The Bringer", was very active here and on the OT forum. Banned for stupid shitposts. But I've smartened up.

You're "The Bringer"? Hah! I've occasionally wondered where he disappeared! :D I remember you being quite active when I was new here. Then everyone kind of disappeared after RRF was released and the forum was quiet-ish for a long time. Now it's gotten some life to it though which is nice.

Oh, and go give your vote in Song Survivor if you haven't already. I'll be updating it again in around 24 hours.

It's a great song, maybe they could've made a good cover out of it in the FTR days when Alexi could still sing high pitch and their sound still had spirit.

They should make a cover of this song, it would get them back to the top. (Just ignore the god-awful video.)

Definitely some melodic fast techno, where they turn the saws into guitars.

Last edited by a moderator:
so i just listened to the full album japanese version.

welp.. its heavy as fuck. has the some of the same groove riffs that Halo of Blood has... some innovative stuff in there but mostly meat and potatoes. i did feel some peaks in there... also the first few solos seem very well thought out, and interestingly they don't come into the record until like the third or fourth song. not diggin the covers so much, although i know they have a bunch of fun playing them. My fav bodom cover is bed of nails

so ya. as far as new Bodom goes, i prefer Relentless the best. Curious about the meaning of the song "(my Bodom) I am the only one"

so i just listened to the full album japanese version.

so ya. as far as new Bodom goes, i prefer Relentless the best. Curious about the meaning of the song "(my Bodom) I am the only one"

If I had to guess I'd say its about the Bodom murders. But it could be about any murder, but it's definitely about murder. :Smokedev:

It's the Bodom survivor's POV on the events, with possible hints that he's the killer.

After a couple weeks with the album, I like it a little better than HoB. Shit definitely had to grow on me, but every song is pure crack now.