"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Holy shit...

'It is now confirmed COB are willing to return to their distant past with their next outing, due to come out in the next few years. The album will venture back in time even further than the legendary Hate Crew Deathroll, Alexi stating the band got lost in the way and need to create a "direct continuation to Hatebreeder and the blue album." The band is about to shock their dedicated fan community, not only with a new rhythm guitarist about to be unveiled in early January, but they're also "looking for a guest vocalist for the new album from the black metal scene."'

This quote was succesfully translated from my own imagination.

By the word "past" I was willing to bet my head on the fact that it's something out of your head. Still felt damn great reading it for some retarded reason :D

Would've been a good troll if the content were something more believable. Reads like a real news article.

What they should do honestly is go for an industrial style and seek for an artist who has worked with atmospheric black metal bands.

I hope it's someone that will create atmospheric music to their next record. If not, I don't care at all.

CHRISTOPHER FUCKING AMOTT! The brother of Michael Amott. Chris would beat the shit out of Alexi nowadays...... His melodies, leads and riffs in AE are just love. <3

AE is the only Melo Death band which still can be taken serious......

Nah, he's got his own band going. No Swedes I hope. Maybe an American or another Finn. I hope someone unknown or not too well-known. Give an opportunity to someone talented.

Nah, he's got his own band going. No Swedes I hope. Maybe an American or another Finn. I hope someone unknown or not too well-known. Give an opportunity to someone talented.

Yeah, an american guy would make that situation any better. Well, than you call i from now on Children Of Metalcore Shit. Swedes know how to do atmospheric Death Metal. I'd love to hear oldschool swedish death metal influences like Unleashed etc.

Jooonas is that you? Swedish generic crapola death metal, no thanks.

You're giving the second guitarist too much credit. He's not going to "save" Bodom. Alexi will do whatever he wants to do. Ideally he'd pick a German, one of the guys from Centaurus-A or Cypecore, but I just don't see that happening. So maybe an American will make him feel better in his own skin so he can come out with something fantastic.

Yeah, an american guy would make that situation any better. Well, than you call i from now on Children Of Metalcore Shit. Swedes know how to do atmospheric Death Metal. I'd love to hear oldschool swedish death metal influences like Unleashed etc.

If he wants to get bigger in the west having an American guitarist would be a smart move (for that reason, not cause Americans are better guitarists).

Maybe an American or another Finn.

I like this. Me, perhaps? I'd totally go to the first rehearsals like "Hey, Alexi, the new stuff sucks, let's go back to the FTR style!" Then I'd get kicked from the band :D Truth is I'd never get chosen as they have too many songs I can't play (As in, they are too hard. I tend to play mostly my own stuff so I don't know how many exactly there are of those "too hard" songs, but "too many" is probably accurate).

I'm starting to think more and more that Roope wasn't willing to put up with another ''teenager''-album, voices his oppinion and got labled as not willing to ''renew'' as the rest of the band.

I'm starting to think more and more that Roope wasn't willing to put up with another ''teenager''-album, voices his oppinion and got labled as not willing to ''renew'' as the rest of the band.

Possible. The timing would fit pretty well, as he was kicked right around the time the album was getting it's final touches before the studio work. I wish we'd hear something of him. There's been nothing since he left / got kicked.

Indeed, I hope we hear from him soon and that he joins a band where imo he fits better. A band that is more oldschool metal than the direction CoB is taking. Roope is ''too metal'' (in a good way!) to play the new CoB stuff anyway. When you have Alexi you don't need to have a 2nd guitarist that has the caliber of Roope, it's just wasted talent when he should be in a band as no.1 lead. In that way Alexander was a better fit.

Melodic death metal has no future, I'm sorry. It was a 90's and early 2000's thing. All we have now is poseur bands who can't reach that epic level. No wise young man let alone a group of five would skip school and focus on a band in this age of downloading. Doom metal still has hope, because it takes creativity more so than technical playing skill. Future's music is really industrial metal, a genre that reigns already in sub-ground clubs. Future is definitely all about one-man-bands, and for that it has to be mostly electronic. I'm thinking about real instruments / computerized hybrid music.

Stuff like this, only with guitars added, and possibly more natural drums and ancient instruments.

While we still live, I'm sure there will exist such band that will focus on making epic Bodom covers in this whole different soundworld, maybe in 20 years or so. Our kids will listen to it in their twenties and think of us as incredibly old-school dinosaurs for having lived and breathed and actually witnessed the original Bodom.

Last edited by a moderator: