Ibanez PRESTIGE hardware finish help!

DURBANS

Feb 2, 2005
Hello

I just bought an Ibanez PRESTIGE RG1527 (7-String).

It has the Edge Pro tremolo, the finish is kinda dark non-reflective gray, called Powder Coat or something like that. My question is, how do I clean this part? It has greasy finger marks on it, and I wanna know how to clean it.

Oh, I used a Microfiber cloth on it to remove some of the marks. I wanna know if it's okay to use this on the tremolo's finish or if it will cause it to discolor or scratch.

Thanks!!!

expect the finish to start wearing off the trem and knobs very soon. within the next year or so. the powder coating hardware on my old 1077 wore off very quickly.

LOL I guess I did make an impression with the 6 thing.

Actually my worry was about if the Microfiber cloth will do any damage to the finish on my hardware (tremolo, knobs, tuning machines). I mean damage as in producing wear or something like that.

Use some Ajax, a toothbrush and some 40 grit sandpaper. Dip it in a 50 gallon drum of cal-hypo to rinse and repeat the process 6 times. Or you can use an old shirt and some windex.

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
I'd recommend sandblasting rather than that diabolic...

Well shit, why not just tie it to a trailer hitch and drag it down the interstate? You got a trailer hitch on your mobile home right, Durbans? :hotjump: WOOHOO!

DURBANS said:
Mobile home? What's wrong with you man? Are you THAT ignorant?

Yeah, I am that ignorant...and I was just messing with you. Take a joke there Turbans...

Wow, I can definately relate to this thread

IMGP1917.jpg

As you can see, what might be perceived as a shadow on the bridge is actually discoloration, and the chipping on the string saddles is pretty bad as well. For constant use, I guess I should be lucky it looks as good as it does compared with Impy's testimonial (great choice on the RGT42 man, bridge notwithstanding!), but that's the scoop. Honestly though Durbans, although I can't deny I absolutely never polish or clean my guitar, it really doesn't look like the kind of problem that could've been avoided if I had. Still plays great though!

Oh, and those miserable bass heavy Dimarzios are going soon in place of the ubiquitous EMG's!