Guitar question: Ibanez RGA121 vs. LTD MH1000

I would go with the LTD for sure. I prefer neck-thru myself...and the guitar already has everything you want without having to spend more. I'm not a big fan of Ibanez even though their Prestige line is pretty good. The 1000 series LTDs are almost as good as the ESP standard series as far as craftsmanship goes.

i agree with kozrog. i was too an ibanez guy , but noW esp is a way better option, the upgrated preety much the hole line.with that mh1000 u cand go wrong.LTD!!!!!!!!!!(actually esp now does mainly custom shop...)

J.DavisNJ said:
Kazrog, how well does your LTD hold tuning?? Do you have the locking tuners or no?? i ask, because my old LTD with the licensed floyd can't hold tune for shit. That has nothing to do with this model obviously, just curious though.

-Joe

It holds tuning perfectly or I wouldn't have bought it. In fact, it stays in tune better than any of my guitars made by other brands. And it just has Grovers, not the locking Sperzels - and I do a lot of aggressive bending, vibrato, and even string bends below the nut. It's fixed-bridge, I don't use floyds as much anymore. You should have no problem with the floyds on the upper end LTDs though, I've tried them and they are great.

I have a mh-300 that i modded out with emgs and a real floyd, Its a really great guitar. The neck and frets are way better than any gibson ive seen. Ibanez necks are also pretty good in my opinion, but the pickups are lacking.

http://www.rondomusic.net/ag3500.html

imo will smoke them all no contest,also if for whatever reason it's messed up or you don't like it send it back and just pay the shipping or if its damaged they will cover the shipping costs.Quick story i bought one of there guitars well there was a small paint blemish near the nut so i sent it back they send me a new one back a few days later i open the box and bam there is a check for my shipping cost!!:D So on top of the quality and customer service hands down no contest.Shit for this price you can buy two of them for the price of one LTD. If you don't wanna take my word for it look here

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Agile/

P.S. they also sell Sx guitars and basses brice basses and douglas basses as well.:Spin:

xtranscendedx said:
http://www.rondomusic.net/ag3500.html

imo will smoke them all no contest,also if for whatever reason it's messed up or you don't like it send it back and just pay the shipping or if its damaged they will cover the shipping costs.Quick story i bought one of there guitars well there was a small paint blemish near the nut so i sent it back they send me a new one back a few days later i open the box and bam there is a check for my shipping cost!!:D So on top of the quality and customer service hands down no contest.Shit for this price you can buy two of them for the price of one LTD. If you don't wanna take my word for it look here

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Agile/

P.S. they also sell Sx guitars and basses brice basses and douglas basses as well.:Spin:

Sorry, not really interested in the Rondo stuff. Thanks for the heads up though.

-Joe

xtranscendedx said:
ok fine go spend more money instead of getting the same quality or even bettero_O

Chill dood, I thanked you for the heads up, I just don't have any desire to buy one of those. If I did, the thread would be called LTD MH1000 vs. Ibanez RGA121, vs. Rondo Guitar.

-Joe

xtranscendedx said:
ok fine go spend more money instead of getting the same quality or even bettero_O

Mystery pickups, maple instead of mahogany, are not "same quality or even better." I'm really tired of seeing these guitars pop up here. Post some clips with that guitar and I may change my opinion.

Kazrog said:
Mystery pickups, maple instead of mahogany, are not "same quality or even better." I'm really tired of seeing these guitars pop up here. Post some clips with that guitar and I may change my opinion.

Exactly. I hear dudes suggest these guitars over at HC, but they never can compare them to a similar guitar. No one has owned both. All I hear is "OMG!!11 Like buy an Agile, pisses on Gibsons~!@#$". Tell me how a sub $400 guitar will be of the same quality as my LP standard.

-Joe

Didn't that one DIOBOLIC5150 guy who used to frequent this forum use an Agile? His tones and songs were pretty good.

Kazrog said:

i can post some clips of a rondo guitar but a even cheaper one if ya like

J.DavisNJ said:
Exactly. I hear dudes suggest these guitars over at HC, but they never can compare them to a similar guitar. No one has owned both. All I hear is "OMG!!11 Like buy an Agile, pisses on Gibsons~!@#$". Tell me how a sub $400 guitar will be of the same quality as my LP standard.

-Joe

Have you actually played one of rondos guitars or basses? i understand its hard for people to think that a guitar(s) that cost a fraction of the price is better but its easy INFLATION. take the same woods and same hardware and have them assembled over seas and pay cheap labor.I speak from experience i own 1 guitar buy them and 2 of there basses, and i tell you there is no way in hell justifying the insane prices other companies want to charge for the same or very comprable quality.Put it this way if you buy that guitar or any of there guitars and it sucks send it back no harm no foul you might be out what $10-$20 dollars if you end up paying shipping.All im trying to get at is don't knock it till ya try it.:wave:

xtranscendedx said:
Have you actually played one of rondos guitars or basses? i understand its hard for people to think that a guitar(s) that cost a fraction of the price is better but its easy INFLATION. take the same woods and same hardware and have them assembled over seas and pay cheap labor.I speak from experience i own 1 guitar buy them and 2 of there basses, and i tell you there is no way in hell justifying the insane prices other companies want to charge for the same or very comprable quality.Put it this way if you buy that guitar or any of there guitars and it sucks send it back no harm no foul you might be out what $10-$20 dollars if you end up paying shipping.All im trying to get at is don't knock it till ya try it.:wave:

They have a good return policy and I'm sure they are good guitars. I haven't played one, but I didn't knock them either, I'm just not interested in em right now. I'm looking at ESP/Ibanez/Jackson...it's just preference ya know??

-Joe

ok cool enough just thought you should not sell yourself short on gettting a killer guitar for short money,that is all;)

xtranscendedx said:
ok cool enough just thought you should not sell yourself short on gettting a killer guitar for short money,that is all;)

Something tells me someone is working for some company *nudge nudge*

nah i was wating for that too come up, but there stuff is just amazing for the money. Oh and there in nj im in rhode island lol

I have an EC-1000, and I have to say, this is probably the best-playing guitar out of the box I've ever gotten. I opened it up, and it plays like it has been professionally set-up...great action, killer tone and sustain. I haven't played too many Ibanez guitars, but I love the LTD.

I've used it to play on several different styles of music (metal, country, tekno<-sorry, rock), and the guitar sounds good clean and crunchy alike.

I do want to try some EMG 85's to see what it will sound like, but overall, this is a really well-made guitar. I don't regret the money spent. Solid construction, great wood AND good quality electronics. As long as it starts with good wood and solid construction it'll be a good guitar, you can always upgrade the electronics.