Ibanez RGA8?

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
27 inches (baritone scale) will do just fine.

For what it worth though, Agile (rondomusic.com) have very fine playing/sounding 8 strings for $699.99 USD that feature:

A 28.625" scale:
http://www.rondomusic.com/intrepiddual828rnblood.html

And a 30" scale:
http://www.rondomusic.com/product3399.html

so in actuality, you could tune... dare I say... lower?
:devil:

Haha, thats kind of what I want to do, like tune the whole guitar down a step or two, so the low F#, becomes D# :D

Do you think that a 27 inch scale would be long enough to tune down a bit?

Haha, thats kind of what I want to do, like tune the whole guitar down a step or two, so the low F#, becomes D# :D

Do you think that a 27 inch scale would be long enough to tune down a bit?
I like the way you think :D

I personally wouldn't go more than a half step or whole step down... You should be okay doing F or E# with a 27" scale. You'll probably have to make height/truss/intonation adjustments as well though.

There is no E# unless you have an F and F# in the same key signature. In which case E# would denote F.

The keys F# and C# both have E# as diatonic notes. Any other key that has F# in it you write E# to sound the note F. Although writing F natural has crept into the vernacular. Same rules apply for all other notes but the confusion happens when dealing with b-c e-f. If you're talking about guitar tunings then you're tuning the note to F.

There is no E# unless you have an F and F# in the same key signature. In which case E# would denote F.

But Meshuggah's Nebulous song is played with the low F# string tuned down to D#? Though I'm no expert on what notes exist haha, all I know is I want to detune it down a step or two :D

But Meshuggah's Nebulous song is played with the low F# string tuned down to D#? Though I'm no expert on what notes exist haha, all I know is I want to detune it down a step or two :D

If it's tuned to D# then it's D#. This is why we don't call it the "E-string" but instead stick to the convention of the string number ie the 6th string or in this case the 8th string. This way the string tuning can change but the string number always stays the same.

I've tried one, didn't like it at all. Then again, I owned the Rg2228 for a while and didn't like it either. The scale's just too short and the bridge sucks. The pickups on the RGA were pretty horrible too, even compared to the Emg 808's I didn't like either.