The new Ibanez RGD Series

Why can't they make one with a fixed bridge! ARGH!

EDIT: Or even in a non-horrifyingly awful color :/ When did metallic finishes become cool again? Can't they just offer black for people who don't want a sparkly silver burst strat shaped guitar? Gross. Even the Prestige models only come in one finish each, gross sparkly black and a sparkly crackly gray... Brutal...

Ibanez just gets worse every year with the options IMO. I hardly EVER see a factory Ibanez finish that I like. Couple that with the fact that, like Adam and sooooo many others, I absolutely HATE that they put a floating trem on nearly every fucking model and that is GAY AS FUCK.

I dunno, for hardtails there is the Iceman, Destroyer, SZ, ART, DN, FR, AR, AX, Xiphos, the majority of the RGA series, and a couple of hardtails in the RG series.

I'll agree that the metallic finishes that have come back with a vengance are pretty vomit inducing.

Well this is their only baritone 6 string... I would think they would offer it in a hardtail version since they don't offer baritones in any other shape, and most baritone buyers are rhythm players primarily, and most rhythm dudes don't want a fuckin' Floyd :/

Well this is their only baritone 6 string... I would think they would offer it in a hardtail version since they don't offer baritones in any other shape, and most baritone buyers are rhythm players primarily, and most rhythm dudes don't want a fuckin' Floyd :/

dont they make the mike mushok baritone anymore?

I agree, who wants a baritone for lead?!?!?! what a fail!

I wish they would cut down their product list, and just focus on the designs that make sense, rather than taking chances with all these new axes every year. they only make things for a year or two, then they switch it up....

fuck they need to focus on classic designs that are venerable workhorses.

Mushok has been with PRS for quite a while now. ;)

Well, the RGs have always been more of a lead players guitar and those are no exception. They just seem like a compromise for live playing: baritone scale to have proper intonation for the riffs, trem to still be able to use that one.

Even if these had a fixed bridge, they still wouldn't be my nr. one choice for rhythms, because it's still a basswood-stick RG. ;)

It sucks that they don't have prestige RGA's without trems anymore.

Holy shit, you're right! And I like the new sculpting they have on the lower cutaway, but I could've done without it on the upper :erk: At least they're still mahogany! (both regular and Prestige)

And quite honestly, I think this finish looks pretty sweet (reminds me of the equally controversial Caparison finishes), but I don't like how thin the lower horn looks, and that forearm cut is a bit too extreme IMO

RGD2120ZCSM.gif

Why can't they make one with a fixed bridge! ARGH!

EDIT: Or even in a non-horrifyingly awful color :/ When did metallic finishes become cool again? Can't they just offer black for people who don't want a sparkly silver burst strat shaped guitar? Gross. Even the Prestige models only come in one finish each, gross sparkly black and a sparkly crackly gray... Brutal...

I back this post 100%. I fucking LOATH floyds, not a huge fan of wilkinsons either but would take one of those any day over a floyd.

dont they make the mike mushok baritone anymore?

Discontinued. Pretty stupid on their part IMO. They should have made a generic version of that guitar. It's fucking ACE. Everything I like about a guitar.

Good balance
Good bridge
Neck through
Natural finish
Right scale
Good machine heads

Why is it so hard to get that formula correct?