The new Ibanez RGD Series

How is it getting used to the longer scale length? RGD's are 26.5 scale instead of ibanez's standard 25.5 scale. I have been thinking about getting a 7 string for a while now, but worry about what scale length to get.

How is it getting used to the longer scale length? RGD's are 26.5 scale instead of ibanez's standard 25.5 scale. I have been thinking about getting a 7 string for a while now, but worry about what scale length to get.
for low tunings get 26.5, it'll save you a lot of money and time on trying to get higher gauge strings (specially if you don't live in countries with a big strings market)

I've gone from 24.75 - 28.625 and have had no problems myself, but the other guitarist in my band had issues from 25.5 to my 28.625.

I'd recommend trying out a schecter hellraiser 7 if you can't get your hands on the RGD to try out to give you an idea of what to expect... it's the same scale length but with a thicker neck, so bare that in mind.

My white RGD320 should arrive any second... I'll post some Clips/DIs/Pics if anyone is interested!

EDIT: Arrived a few hours ago. Fuck yes Drop B! This thing growls like no tomorrow through my SLO and the lead and clean tones are more than just usable, too! Just have to get used to the trem but hey - It was still in tune after I took it out of the box and played it for about half an hour. And it's fucking cold down here (southern germany). Just made the mistake to take off all the strings at once to change them to DR DDT's. Fuck that!

yes, please do so.
i was thinking about pulling the trigger one one of those as well.

On the topic of 6 string baritones... today I ordered a Agile AL-2800 Baritone Camo
I will most likely put my bill lawrence 500xl's in it..

al2800camo4.jpg

.. they also do a 28"

ab3000tblquiltedbaritone1.jpg

There was a plain black one of that but that must be out of stock

saw the words "Basswood body" and closed the window.
you simply make fool out of your self with such statement.

there is nothing wrong with basswood, it is fine tone wood just like any other tone wood out there. granted there are guitars that sound better with it and there are that sound worse but the same logic apply to any other tone wood out there.
get over this kiddi idiocrisy bullshit people.

you simply make fool out of your self with such statement.

there is nothing wrong with basswood, it is fine tone wood just like any other tone wood out there. granted there are guitars that sound better with it and there are that sound worse but the same logic apply to any other tone wood out there.
get over this kiddi idiocrisy bullshit people.

theres nothing wrong with it and it definitely has it's place, but that doesn't mean that people cannot have a preference.

/2 cents.

Bass wood. Soft-light and "porous" wood that has great pronounced mid and high range.
Most Acoustic instruments are using top woods with the same qualities.
Love it! :)

From this thread I'm getting > fixed bridge = +sustain for long single notes & chords?

I did not know that--