Ibanez RGA8?

With all this lower tuning I am wondering when we will start using 15" speakers ....lol

If you wanna tune that low play a bass! :p

Haha, I just want to play some groove metal, but really really detuned groove metal lol

I wouldn't mind using 15" speakers haha, Dimebag used them :D

My Schecter V8 has a 26.5" scale and it does me just fine.

I've tried one, didn't like it at all. Then again, I owned the Rg2228 for a while and didn't like it either. The scale's just too short and the bridge sucks. The pickups on the RGA were pretty horrible too, even compared to the Emg 808's I didn't like either.

Now see, here my fucking problem is :D I'm getting 2 completely different opinions here about the scale :(

I want this guitar. Really, really bad.

You've caught my GAS then :lol:

From experience, the rg2228 tunes to F# just fine, so the RGA8 should be fine too. I dunno bout those pickups though...

pickups on this one had to be returned on the model we received. they did not work -> no sound at all... even our luthier couldnt fix that.

so the new one worked, but they like ass... worst thing about this : the bridge has some serious problems - qualitywise : id save for the rg2228 (had this baby now for almost 4 years)

off topic : i was offered a custom PRS 8 String... could get it for 7K$.... man i need to sell some stuff right now, haha.

Plus fucking ONE. I even managed to break them when tried to install two 18V batteries and get rid of that ridiculous RGA EQ shit. Now I've got 707 and couldn'y be happier :)

Dude, I just checked your soundclick link, what the hell did you use for the Lithium song?!?! It sounds so good!

Dude, I just checked your soundclick link, what the hell did you use for the Lithium song?!?! It sounds so good!

That was my old 7321 with D-Sonic, quad tracked, some ampsims, don't remember which ones extacly ;) Sounded good but I wanted kinda different tone, more beefy, tight and smooth so I traded the 7321 for a RGA7 and swapped the bridge p-u with a 707. I'm going to use it to track guitars for an upcoming EP of my band, so stay tuned! :)

Haha, thats kind of what I want to do, like tune the whole guitar down a step or two, so the low F#, becomes D# :D

Do you think that a 27 inch scale would be long enough to tune down a bit?

You want to tune down to bass standard tuning down a half step and want to know if 27" is fine... Given that bass guitars typically use a .100 gauge string and a scale length of 34", I'd guess not.

.. Looking at those graphs for the EQ, its virtually the opposite of a TS = It makes the sound less tight, and you wont be able to get a single harmonic out of the guitar.
WTF