Ibanez vs ESP

Plankcore

Felate me plz.
Sep 24, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
Here's one for the guitarists. I'm going to be getting a new guitar soon, and i'm caught between either Ibanez or ESP. How do they compare against eachother? My price range is about £400/$750, and i'm generally looking for versatility. I've tried a few models but I was wondering if anybody could suggest any particular models that stand out? Cheeers.

well you're going to have to buy an Ibanez seeing as you dont have enough money for an ESP

I have an ESP LTD mh400nt - can't fault it at all, it's great. If i get another guitar it would be an Ibanez probably.

Well actually, when I say ESP I mean LTD. =P

I tried out one of the M models, it was pretty nice. Very cheap for a set-thru neck, had a couple of those EMG-ESP pickups. I hate XJ frets though.

Here is what I did. I got a used Ibanez RG-220B for $220. I took out the pickups, and put in a Dimarzio X2N in the bridge, and a Tone Zone in the neck. Then I took out the crappy Floyd and put in an Original. The whole job costed me around $500, but it was totally worth it. It shreds any guitar at that price to hell and back. Needless to say, Ibanez is the best buy.

s-series has the wizard pro neck and ibz-dimarzio pickups.. if your willing to pay for it i would put a set of emg 81s in it

Ibanez all the way. And yeah you cannot afford a proper ESP anyway, you can only afford the cheap crappy LTD shit. At least if you buy an Ibanez you won't get cheap crap.

i just bought a used Rgt 42 fm for those not so informed, its a neck through with a flame maple top, mahogany body wizard II neck i think .. edge pro II i think as well cant remmeber but anyways i bought it from my buddy for two installments of $250 and i bought a dimarzio super distortion, superior tone in comparison to the x2n, in my humble opnion. as well as a PAF pro and the thing sound so fucking sexy its unbelievable.

IBANEZ RG350DX and change the pickups. thats the best thing you can get for your price range

See if you can find a used RG550 or RG570 on ebay or something, they are the shizzle. Or you could try Homer J's option.