Iced Earth art...

I like parts of Dracula, and I like the ideas they put into the song, but it doesn't gel to well for my liking. If it was more of an epic with a better chorus I might get into it more.

I think Frankenstein is awesome, just an awesome simple thick groove based riff, which is something Iced Earth hardly ever do, but it works so well, and the lyrics and vocals are great too.

I was the same with Dragon's Child, it crept up on me. I dismissed it at first, but Matt's vocals get their hooks into you. He sounds great on that track.

I don't expect The Glorious Burden will be one of their best works, but I think I will still really like it all the same, so I am looking forward to it, and if it is any better than their worst material, I will be surprised and happy. If MetalMayhem get it in this week, I just might drive down to Melb for it....in fact, I think I will.

I just downloaded a significant portion of it. Not Gettysburg though. Didn't really grab me, and Rippers voice just isn't right. And the lyrics are fucking stupid. Yeah, so he wants to make a patriotic album, good for him. Doesn't mean the lyrics have to be cheesier and cornier than a cheesey corn roll with extra cheese. And corn. So far, I give it "decidedly average".

Well its not really a patriotic album, only When The Eagle Cries is patriotic, the rest is about history. Gettysburg, Red Baron, Greenface (about an Indian), Napoleon etc. so its sort of diverse in a history kind of way.

But yes, the lyrics do suckdiddlyuck. Jon needs to get angry, this im so happy the bands going great I finally got the vocalist I always had in mind shit just is NOT working :(

agreed, not a patriotic album. But everyone seems to think it is. Gettysberg is cool, but the rest does suck..

Dracula the song is cool. well, up to the middle bit. After that it is boring!

alright, cool yer jets spawn :p
maybe jon will have a stroke of brilliance soon and the something wicked concept will be resurrected with barlow on vox.... or maybe he'll write more ordinary material and talk of how it's the best he's written.