Iced Earth news

Will Jon be recruiting someone to play his solos for him, or will he actually try to write and play one for himself for once?

Larry does all the soloing, Jon only does the melodic stuff (sorta like in the 80s with Metallica, James did all the melodic stuff and rhythm and Kirk did all the leads) :D

Im sure Jon could do them, but he isnt a very big fan of solos at all, so dont hold your breath for them :)

Ah I can empathise with him. I was gonna write a few more number one albums, but couldn't be fucked. It gets a bit tiresome after the first ten.

Tell me about it, I just wish I had a 9 to 5 job and a wife and kids to scream at me, this rock thing is too hard :(

I must say the patriotic thing sounds rather cheesy, but isn't that part of the appeal of metal in general?

Don't get me wrong, I'll buy it and listen to it over and over again because it's IE, but I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as I did Horror Show. Then again I might. We'll just have to wait and see :).

One last thing, The Angel and the Gambler would be very good if it was just the standard verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo-chorus out song structure. Ditch the mid section and all the repitition and you'd have a great track. Lightning Strikes Twice would still have made a better single though.

W

I agree, I always thought the idea behind the song has potential, and parts of the song aren't that bad, but on a whole it is just repiticious and crap.

As for IE, I think the idea of Horror Show sounded a little cheesey when I first heard it also, but the album came out sounding great, so maybe it won't be too silly after all.

You dont have The Dark Saga Winmar? GO BUY IT! It has the greatest song of all time as the last track, the almighty A Question Of Heaven! :worship:

I didn't like Horror Show much.. :(

Back to the Angel And The Gambler - It should have been 4-5 minutes on the album, and then extended live.

A semi-related question: Why is Misunderstood by DT a "radio edit" on the album? If that's the radio edit, where's the normal version??? Aren't radio edits usually reserved for singles and b-sides?

Misunderstood isn't an edit on my copy. :confused:
A radio edit is really needed for that track.