Iced earth experiences

Djöfull

Jan 27, 2002
Iceland
I had a dream come true when I went to Copenhagen in february 2002 and got to be a roadie for Iced earth coz i know a guy that lives in Denmark and he knows the management that handled the gig www.intromental.com (I even got to stay one night with the dudes that organized the gig one )

I was with them from 15pm and until midnight carrying stuff and putting up the theme posters for the 3 sets, it was quite strenuous

I was afraid to talk to them at first but later i did... also i didn´t want to disturb them that much being a big fan hehe and my first IE gig, of course i had my picture taken with them( the one with Jon Schaffer didn´t develop; stupid single use cameras) I talked most with Richard Christy but also to Jon and Matt.. they were all very cool... some subjects , Florida, bikers fest in Dakota, price of CDs in Iceland, Death,beer...

during the Horror show set i was asked to be a bouncer and throw away crowd surfers! i was very close to the speakers so my ears hurt, but hey it was worth it!:hotjump:

then I´m seeing them next in Wacken in august it will be killer!

can´t talk more at the moment, have to eat dinner mom´s calling:wave:

i heard they got into trouble because of the fireworks/pyro stuff in Hungary and were held sometime by the police

must be the new anti-terrorist laws:tickled:

When they had that opening slot for Megadeth last year Barlow and Christy were hanging out after the show. Talked to Christy a bit but not really about anything interesting. I think we talked about Jag Panzer or some shit like that. I don't remember.

and man, what a cool guy, down to earth, and a hekll of a suggestion about guitars (recommended me to get a gibson explorer, lol, but i am a jackson player.), and even recognized me when he walked by while i was standing in the middle of the hallway at earthlink taking a breather after the headbanging. and of course, all the albums just RULE THE FUCKING WORLD!