iced earth in the studio! (let the flaming begin)

I still like Iced Earth. Good band, for the most part. Sure Jon can be a twat, and some of the material does begin to sound bland, but alot of it is pretty cool stuff.

Well, Barlow was my favorite in the band too. But that doesn't mean everything. Iced Earth's self titled album is my favorite of theirs (well maybe tied with Burnt Offerings) and Matt doesn't sing a word on there. Tim's better than Gene too, by a long shot. And I liked Glorious Burden...

I don't like Jon's attitude, I used to think he was badass...

But hey, why not? I'm still gonna check this CD out. He does speak about 'epic' and it frightens me because I hate when he gets all 'epic-dog-chasing-it's-tail-run-in-circle-songs-too-long-for-absolutely-no-aparent-reason'

I want straight ahead thrashing songs!

I have high hopes for the upcoming albums, because I like TGB and am still a big fan of Iced Earth. Horror Show is my favorite album though. While I'm still a fan, I don't think it will ever be the same without Barlow, and rerecording the Something Wicked trilogy is strange.

The only Iced Earths songs I would never want to hear without Barlow is A Question of Heaven and Melancholy.

1-I have a feeling with 31 new songs at one time being relased that ,i dont know, there will be probly 4 or 5 tracks on each cd just being little intor thingys or just sounds. thats usually how most cd's i pick up with a lot of tracks on it are.

I know a lot of people didnt like Iced Earths TGB but i guess the thing i like about it most is ,to me its a straght forward power metal sound as in a lot of preivous Iced Earth cd's they tend to be more experimental to some degree,maybe not breakthru experimental but still.

3-When they start there tour, I hope they dont just foucus on theese 2 new cd's only,i said this beforei think when Nevermore was touring but cover all your albums and maybe even swich the setlists every night.

k thats all i got to say

the glorious burden was a okidoki album but nothing more.i will most likely pick this new one up but as mentioned before i really prefer barlow over owens.
i will just have to wait and see

Onlt thing i ever liked about IE was the drumming really ....lol

Bobby and Richard are probably the best drummers in metal.
Yeah, but that's when you're listening to Spastic Ink, Death and Burning Inside. Iced Earth didn't really let them go all out.