Since Barlow left, here's my take on Iced Earth.(or IE vs. Nevermore cont.)

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
First off, I hate to hear that Matt left Iced Earth. He is a great vocalist. I mentioned in a previous thread how I thought NEVERMORE is a far more superior band than Iced Earth, and that Iced Earth were not that innovative and original. Now I will give examples:
ICED EARTH/HORROR SHOW:
*WOLF-The area/idea of "werewolves/man becoming a wolf" has already been covered in songs by Danzig, Metallica, Type O Negative, Six Feet Under, and Dragonlord.
*DAMIEN-Savatage has a song of the same name and it came out way before Horror show. Also there is mention of "the number of the beast" (Iron Maiden) and "disciples of the watch (Testament). "Disciples of the watch" is also mentioned on IE's Something Wicked trilogy.
*JACK-This subject has already been covered by Judas Priest in their song the "Ripper". Hell Iced Earth even covered this song for a Priest Tribute.
*GHOST OF FREEDOM-Pretty nice sentiment and idea. but similiar to Something Wicked's "Watching Over Me"
*IM-HO-TEP (PHARAOH'S CURSE)-See Iron Maiden "Powerslave" or Metallica's 'Creeping Death.
*JECKYLL & HYDE-See Ozzy Osbourne's "Diary of a Madman", "Bark at the Moon" and "My Jeckyll Doesn't Hide"
*DRAGONS CHILD-Kind of Original, but the line "unholy water" has been used by Type O Negative in their song "Wolf Moon". Also see WOLF previosly mentioned.
*FRANKENSTEIN-See Edgar Winter's intrumental of the same name.
*DRACULA-vampires have been mentioned by many bands, may I refer to Judas Priests "Love Bites" in this case.
*PHANTOM OPERA GHOST-See Iron Maiden's "Phantom Of the Opera".

Maybe I'm being over analytical, but I've been lead to believe by Magazine's, word of mouth, etc.. that Iced Earth were a great Metal band. Yes they are talented and do have some good songs; I like Jack, Ghost Of Freedom, Im-Ho-Tep, Dragon's Child, along with all of Something Wicked.... (except Consequences "as human beings/ we are complex things" well No Shit) as well as Colors, When The Night Falls, Desert Rain, Travel in Stygian, and Iced Earth. I'm just saying that Iced Earth (ie...John Schafer) really does "wear his influences on his sleeve" as mentioned above. As far as the phrase, "FUCK POSERS", I have a question, "Who is the real poser?" No direspect to Iced Earth fans, but if you want to listen to a truly innovative METAL BAND, I say see NEVERMORE. Cheers.

uhhhh... yeah, that was the plan of horror show.. their own take on classic tales .....

if it was a topic that hadn't been covered in numerous songs and stories, like Snallygasters, then that wouldn't have fit the theme very well, eh? (not counting ghost of freedom)

Yes, I think for the most part, we are all in agreement Nevermore is vastly superior in most areas.
I always thought Iced Earth started of great, Night of the Storm Rider is my favorite album from them.
Then the jumped the shark with all the spawn stuff and the over the top power metal thing.

IMO both of those statements from the ICed Earth people really made them look bad and very very very lame. :tickled:

ZANEX said:
First off, I hate to hear that Matt left Iced Earth. He is a great vocalist. I mentioned in a previous thread how I thought NEVERMORE is a far more superior band than Iced Earth, and that Iced Earth were not that innovative and original. Now I will give examples:
ICED EARTH/HORROR SHOW:
*WOLF-The area/idea of "werewolves/man becoming a wolf" has already been covered in songs by Danzig, Metallica, Type O Negative, Six Feet Under, and Dragonlord.
*DAMIEN-Savatage has a song of the same name and it came out way before Horror show. Also there is mention of "the number of the beast" (Iron Maiden) and "disciples of the watch (Testament). "Disciples of the watch" is also mentioned on IE's Something Wicked trilogy.
*JACK-This subject has already been covered by Judas Priest in their song the "Ripper". Hell Iced Earth even covered this song for a Priest Tribute.
*GHOST OF FREEDOM-Pretty nice sentiment and idea. but similiar to Something Wicked's "Watching Over Me"
*IM-HO-TEP (PHARAOH'S CURSE)-See Iron Maiden "Powerslave" or Metallica's 'Creeping Death.
*JECKYLL & HYDE-See Ozzy Osbourne's "Diary of a Madman", "Bark at the Moon" and "My Jeckyll Doesn't Hide"
*DRAGONS CHILD-Kind of Original, but the line "unholy water" has been used by Type O Negative in their song "Wolf Moon". Also see WOLF previosly mentioned.
*FRANKENSTEIN-See Edgar Winter's intrumental of the same name.
*DRACULA-vampires have been mentioned by many bands, may I refer to Judas Priests "Love Bites" in this case.
*PHANTOM OPERA GHOST-See Iron Maiden's "Phantom Of the Opera".

Maybe I'm being over analytical, but I've been lead to believe by Magazine's, word of mouth, etc.. that Iced Earth were a great Metal band. Yes they are talented and do have some good songs; I like Jack, Ghost Of Freedom, Im-Ho-Tep, Dragon's Child, along with all of Something Wicked.... (except Consequences "as human beings/ we are complex things" well No Shit) as well as Colors, When The Night Falls, Desert Rain, Travel in Stygian, and Iced Earth. I'm just saying that Iced Earth (ie...John Schafer) really does "wear his influences on his sleeve" as mentioned above. As far as the phrase, "FUCK POSERS", I have a question, "Who is the real poser?" No direspect to Iced Earth fans, but if you want to listen to a truly innovative METAL BAND, I say see NEVERMORE. Cheers.

Get a life you metal HOMO!!! Its just FUCKING music! IF you put forth this kind of effort into meeting woman you might have a girlfriend right now instead of having to fuck a sock every night.

to the dumb ass whos name deals with BIRDS>>>first off, just lay in the road on a rainy night. Second, he has a girl dip ass.

ZANE>>>very well done my friend. I agree hahahha.

Oh, and me and a few friends (metal fans and rock fans alike) haev made fun of the Human being line hahaha....also..the "sometimes so beuatiful, other times so vain.." part, we really laugh over that THROW away VERSE. hahahah

well, if Barlow has left, then IE is Shit and nothing more.

First off, my name is Zane. It's not "Birds are scary", "I fuck sheep", or "I'm a sock fucker". Second, I have a girlfriend, wife to be, and I get more pussy in one day than this "bird fucker" will ever get in a lifetime. Also, it didn't take me hours and hours to come up with my opinions of Ice Earth. DON'T INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE!!!. I'm just stating the obvious, after listening to METAL, along with other music, for around 25 years. (I'm 30, and my first concert was Kiss when I was 5.) Yes, I know Horror Show is IE's take on classic horror stories, but I think the band could have used other song titles instead of "ripping off" their influences and other bands. In conclusion, to "Birds are scary", why don't you use a real name and register you gutless coward. You know my name, I don't have to hide and be immature. Now let me ask you, who is the real HOMO? Just look in the mirror. You are probably a "trysexual", meaning you will try sex with anything. Sheep, goats, jello, children (you sick fuck). Hell, you're probably the guy that had to call 911 after getting his dick stuck in the suction hole of the swimming pool. Ledmag, you and I have discussed Iced Earth and assholes on the board like this that "try' to fuck things up for everyone. Well, they never succeed. Stay Metal. CHEERS.