Nevermore should not be compared with iced earth

SoSorry(ForYou)

New Metal Member
May 19, 2003
Visit site
This is a subject that was brought up earlier. I've been thinking lately that one thing i am proud to say about the music i listen to is that unlike some other styles of music, these bands don't rip on each other like frustrated young children. A post like this can only bring out feelings of anger... as you will see, this is a subject that has no answer, and can never be final. I think its pretty pathetic to rip on Jon.

But anyway, I would say that to me nevermore is a far better band. I don't think the two are in the same league. I think Iced Earth is a band that makes two or three good songs per rrecord and the rest is just shoveling in the blank spots with shit? Although horror show was more consistent. IN nevermore i can get into ALL of their songs. And when Barlow tries his hand at the glan rock voice in the last song of horror show, it is embarrassing at best for him. Warrel holds the edge in accomplishing that sound in a eerily similar fashion that nevermore holds the edge (a big edge) in being an all around... much, much finer band, and one of the best. But Iced Earth has some songs I've been into before. Their lyrics are juvenile, and undeveloped compared to those of nevermore... and i'm sure a lot of you know what i'm talking about.

SOSorryForYou>>>Well, at first glance i was gonnatell ya that you shouldnt haev your friends drive riding mowers up your ass. BUT, your thread title Made me think that.

Anyway, good essay....but i must ask, if they should not in your opinion be compared, whydid you compare them? No flame here. just a question answer thing.

and i agree with my big white snow covered friend here, you could ve added it to the NeverIE thread...but its done now.

Well, the artists themselves may not grip much (in publice), but im not famouse, so i can grip, as i did hahahahah.

HOWEVER, you opinion and mine on the 2 bands comparisons...arent much apart....

as i said ...good essay (the second paragraph anyway)

Iced Earth... another band I don't care much for. However, a few of their songs I do like.

I agree that NEVERMORE is a far more superior band. Yes, Jon Schaffer and Matt Barlow are very talented, (as are Steve Digiorgio and Richard Christy) but I don't think Digiorgio and Christy really "let loose" as both have done with Death/Control Denied and Testament. Ledmag and I have discussed this and it seems as though Mr. Schaffer "held both Steve and Richard back" and used Them as "hired guns" on Horror Show. Yes, there is some good bass and drum work on Horror Show, but nothing like Death/Control Denied, Testament, and Dragonlord (Digiorgio). Also, Iced Earth do have some good songs, but to me some are just rehashed Maiden and Judas Priest. Every band has there influences and "borrows" from them, but I don't think that Iced Earth are that innovative and original as NEVERMORE. I know this has probably been discussed in the NEVERMORE VS. ICED EARTH thread, but oh well. I'll post at a later time why I think Iced Earth aren't that original and cite different examples.

yeh, i agree with sosorry... i think Nevermore are much better and too different to be compared to Iced Earth. It might just be that Iced Earth is a little too power metal for me... cuz i hate most power metal (symphony x is an exception), but i don't think Iced Earth come close to Nevermore