The Secret To Nevermore

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
I listened to Nevermore's first CD after goodness knows how long and I got to thinking that Nevermore are perhaps the perfect metal band right now. At least, pure, traditional, old fashioned heavy metal.

I used to ask people here and on other message boards if Iced Earth were the saviours of heavy metal. And some may have agreed. And some said Nevermore. I didn't agree with them at the time, but now it may stand to be true. Especially since Matt Barlow left Iced Earth. The chemistry may go all out of whack, while Nevermore are maturing and making remarkable music.

I don't know what the secret is. Mabye Warrel Dane's warm voice (I regret saying he sounded like Bruce Dickinson...he is in fact better, though I love both). Mabye the songs, with that familiar yet fresh sound. Mabye all of it. And now the new CD, and all eyes are on them. Thank you, Nevermore, for being Nevermore.

Rainbowman!!! It's been a while since we've seen you around here, what have you been up to?

Aww, nothing much. Just getting new music and enjoying it. Stuff from Amon Amarth, Dark Tranquillity, Devin Townsend, Immortal, Opeth, In Flames, and much more. I'm loving the underground metal scene. And I hope to get the new Nevermore as well.

It's good to see you all here as well!