Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

Those are all newer-ish NM songs. Things were much different before they picked up the 7 string guitars and released all of those albums.

Do yourself a favor and check out Dreaming Neon Black and The Politics of Ecstasy and see what they used to sound like and why they're such a heralded band nowadays. Had those albums not existed and Nevermore came into being with Dead Heart as a debut album, they wouldn't have acquired such acclaim.

It's the older songs I didn't really care for.

I've only bought Enemies of Reality (Sneap version) so far, but I really like that one. Everyone will say to get This Godless Endeavor too, and I probably will at some point, but honestly I haven't listened to any Nevermore in a long time.
Everyone won't say to get TGE. Like Kevin says, get Dreaming Neon Black, but don't just download random songs from it - buy the CD, and play it through in its entirety. You'll see that no Nevermore album has ever bested DNB.

8275.jpg

I can understand suicidal thoughts...I've had enough existential over analyzing to where I thought this reality wasn't real and was a lie. Or at least I thought it was. I felt alot of pain and finally understood why people want to end their lives. That was frankly the only thing that could possibly make me want to kill myself.

I'm glad this thread never goes away so all can enjoy it.

And so I can say... "matt barlow can't touch warrel".....??!? Please... PLEASE. Stooooooopid... Besides. That's like comparing delicious, crunchy, apples with JUST the right amount of juice and the easiest to peel orange that's not bitter and gives you the energy of a kindergarten class. Just foolish.

i used to be sure PoE was better, but after repeated listening the underdog songs on DNB have grown on me like a fungus, and it really depends on my mood which one would be the favorite at any given time