the death of Iced Earth

U

Unregistered

Iced Earth is over. Without Matt, who became their signature singer , and integral part of their success since joining the band, Jon is fucked. He now has a "glorious burden" so to speak of finding someone to fill Matt's boots. Let's face it , Jon wrote the whole new album all by himself, fucking Matt out of any songwriting royalties. Obviously this is a factor in the situation or Matt would have not alluded to it in his official statement.
Matt is a great singer, on a musicianship level I think Matt is a better singer than Jon is a guitarist/songwriter.... IMHO

Hmmm... The really good and productive IE era was before Matt Barlow + "Burnt Offerings". I wouldn't mind if they returned to that era.

I'm gonna have to go with neal on this one, except that I think Jon didn't have any riffs to begin with. Fuck it, he shouldn't feel bad though, originality isn't everything.

I'm hoping this will shake things up enough to make them interesting again. I got bored after Dark Saga. And I'm a pretty big IE fan. Sure Matts vox were tough, but something needed to change and maybe this will help. But it could also destroy Jon in which case I have 4 IE albums I really enjoy anyway (equal to metallica and megadeth). It was a good run. And if shit falls the right way, maybe he can make another push. BTW, I don't think of IE so much as a band as they are a project. so many lineup changes. Obviously someone is very hard to work with, and it aint Christy.