Jon Schaffer is a dick

MorganaLefay

New Metal Member
Jun 3, 2002
Visit site
There is an new interview with Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth at MetalReview.com

Great interview because we can see how Jon really is. I don't hve a problem with telling the truth, but why be disparaging to his 'friends' like Matt. Instead of focusing on his good points, he has to focus on taking credit for Matt's voice and everything Matt hasn't done. What a dick!!!

Is he afraid that some stranger will accidentally give Matt credit for something. Horrors, we could never recover from that. Jon may be the entire force behind the band, but he also sounds like a real dick!

Matt may be 'only' a performer, but I know that I got into IE from Burnt Offerings (w/Matt) after NOTS (w/o Matt) sat on my shelf after a couple of plays. I also know that I have seen many concerts and Matt is the major reason that IE rules live. To pretend that means nothing in this genre is just stupid.

How creative do you think Larry feels recording his lead parts after hearing that Jon thinks it's just a waste of time? How is that productive? How does IE benefit from putting down band members? This is about Jon's megalomania and not about what's good for IE.

What's good for IE is to tell potential listeners that you have the best metal vocalist/frontman in metal, not to point out his (perceived) faults just in case Jon doesn't get all of the credit he thinks he deserves.

Here's a tip:

Relevant info: IE has a great frontman and a great songwriter.

Unimportant info: the relative importance of each.

Summary: Jon is great, but also a great big dick!

P.S. The IE board deleted this within 5 minutes. What a bunch of wusses.

here is something i posted right here a few months back about JON .......its nort very nice. its about other things than ie as well, but IE is the main topic.
HERE IT IS

Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth
I was at another forum, and the title of this post was the title of a post at that other forum.

Here is what my reply was..............I think it could make for good discussion, if anyone else is willing to talk about it.

So, who is better(as if i didnt already know)...and why?

Here is my reply:

You just cant compare ICED EARTH TO NEVERMORE.

Iced Earth is like a CHILD in the first grade.

Nevermore is like an adult who has already ACED college with a masters degree.

Ok, yeah, Jon can play....three to four riffs tops..thats it. But, I suppose haveing the ability to play basicaly three to four riffs over a span of six studio cd's, meets the criteria, and justifies one saying ....'the man can play'.

Jon on POSERS.
Have you ever wonderd why Jon constantly spews this word out of his PIE HOLE, like shit spewing from his ass after a night of drinking PABPS BLUE RIBBON BEER?Why is he so worried about ppl thinking him to be a POSER? Well, maybe he is a poser.

Have you ever wonderd why there isnt much lead on ICED? I ll tell ya, cause Jon cant play lead. Jon wants the LIGHT, Jon wants all the CREDIT. If a guy came into the folds of Iced who could actually play, Jon would be out of the LIGHT....ANd you know Jon will not stand for that.

Now we come to Jon and his favorite word...KILLEREST. First off...is that even a word? hahaha I must laugh every time i see Jon saying KILLERST in an interview....he just cant say MOST KILLER, or MORE KILLER....hahahaha he is a PUTZ.

Jon on Iced being the best band.
I really have to laugh....He needs a PECK on the shoulder, and then needs to be informed on how much he really needs to OPEN HIS AND EARS, and to wake up...ETC ETC.

Jon on trends.
He follows these RULES that he has laid out for HIS band(its his band cause he knows whats best, HA, more like its his band cause he is a JELOUSE fuck off)He never leaves the confinments of these so called rules. So, in that way, perhaps Jons "dated" , "non-experemntal" style of playing is just a trend in itself(since the style was very big in the 80's)(Im not saying ICED EARTH is a trend, but it is possible)

One more thing about Jon and his first grade mentality.
Have you guys ever seen Jon state the following:
"fuck trends, and fuck posers
Iced fucking Earth and Blind Guardian 4 ever"

WHat kind of fucking joke is that anyway? ITs like singing that first grade song....."Iced and guardian settin in a tree, K. I. S. S. I. N. G." YOu know.And the way he writes the **4** instead of spelling it. Jon is almost a retard child.
I would be willing to wager, if Jon saw a girl/woman of which, he thought was attractive, and he wanted a DATE or what not with her....I would wager he would write her a little note. The note would read similar to this: "I like you. DO you like me?". Then you would find two small boxes drawn on the little letter..beside one box you would find the word "YES", beside the other box, you would find the word "NO". The boxes would be for a CHECK MARK you know..just like in the first grade.
He comes across like he is trying to impress CHILDREN. Thats fine to impress children, but not to concentrate on them. I think an artist/band should should try to attract all ages..WHich i think is Jons plan....But thats not how Jon comes across. IT seems to me, that Jon can relate best to "mindless follow the trends, but say you arent" type of ppl.....in other words..CHILDREN.

Now we get to NEVERMORE.
Jeff is a very effective, very experimental, and a very good all around guitar player. Jon, and no other guitarist who has been in the folds of iced earth can even stand near Jeff while he has a guitar in his hands..

As for BASS, JIm has that coverd very well....

As for drums....Van smokes the skin off any drummer who has ever been in the folds of Iced(all but rich).

VOX...Warrel is the *one* of the best in metal, or any other genre....past present and future..Warrel Dane can sing better than Jon can play...you know thats not sayin much, cause jon only has three to four riffs that he is able to pull out at any given time. BUt its a fact about Warrel being great.

As for Iced earth....All Jon has in his corner is MATT. Matt is a very good VOXXER, but he cannot touch Warrel.

Just so you guys know..I have all nevermore, and all Iced earth, so i do know both bands very well.

hahahhaha

Work in the HEAT i tell you. WORK. I even missed a whole day online the other day..not one time on the net ..thats fucen sad.

I haev the big 2 cd greatest hit thing by PF. Its got stuff from waaay back before they got big. As a matter of fact, its got stuff from the 60's that was never released. The songs arent that good though. hahahahha

But the other songs, they are the best of FLOYD in my OPinion.

So, are you gonna ace the exams or what?

yeah. . . i'm actually a pretty big fan of all pink floyd's stages. . . listening to one from their "psychadelia days", ATOM HEART MOTHER, it's pretty fucked up. . .

well, i have a (get this shit) ART exam tomorrow! yes, it IS that stupid and full of shit, but i gotta take it anyway. . . trying to learn all the vincet van gough, renoir, bauhaus, contour drawing, and shit i can handle. . . not gonna be a terribly tough exam, and i'm pretty much guaranteed an A in there, but i still gotta get the damn thing over with. . .

Sounds good hey...Good grades are a must. Always do the best you can at anything you do, and you will go far in life.

I will look later and post the titles of the unreleades songs on the cd set. Then, you can see if you can find them online and DL them. They are from the psyc days.

People that say Iced Earth sucks, shouldn't be allowed to be called "metalheads". Iced Earth is one of the best metal bands in the world today.

As far as Jon Schaffer being a dick... you guys are fucking retarded. Iced Earth is HIS creation. Its HIS fucking band, not Matt's. And I'm not bashing Matt either, because he is my favorite metal vocalist, but he is not Iced Earth... Jon is. Just like Jon said in that interview, Matt is replaceable. If Matt left, Iced Earth would continue.

And big fuckin' deal about him "taking credit", if you wanna call it that. He said he coached Matt.