New iced earth guitarist

deathstrike from hell

Deathstrike lambtron
Aug 12, 2002
www.myspace.com
ICED EARTH - New Guitarist Found

Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 06:29:00

ICED EARTH founder/guitarist Jon Schaffer has issued the following update on his search for a new guitarist:

"Greetings,

The new Iced Earth guitar player is an absolutely fantastic player from the UK named Tim Mills. Tim is the owner/founder/visionary of Bare Knuckle Pickups, which is an incredible company providing state of the art handwound pickups from England, which is how I met him. I highly recommend any and all serious players to check out his website and try a few of his p/ups, they absolutely rule.

As for his playing, it's awesome, very melodic, very tasty and he has great original ideas and songwriting abilities as well. He's here now and we're really inspiring each other and coming up with some great parts together. It's been a very long time since I've felt this kind of chemistry and I'm very psyched about it. It's an ingredient that's been missing for a very long time, so it should bring some very cool results.

It's a good thing I always call Tim Owens 'T'; that will help with the two guys in the band named Tim factor........ ;-)

There's more good news coming soon!"

Jon Schaffer

The search for a new guitarist began last month when Iced Earth axe Ernie Carletti was arrested on charges of rape.

well, Schaeffer main problem is his lack of creativity when it comes to write new songs. He often reuses the same riff and song pattern over and over again which makes his latest albums (though I really liked Horror Show) pretty bland and unoriginal. So hm, in other words, his guitar techniques aren't the problem, it's his way of using of using them.

I happen to be a huge Iced Earth fan, but you gotta realize Shaffer is the only original memeber from the beggening of Iced Earth.

In my opinion Iced Earth is really just a Jon Shaffer solo project but it kicks ass nonetheless

Bradley

En Vind Av Sorg said:
lol. Now I can say the guitarist from Iced Earth made pickups for my band.

Hey, I didn't realize your guys used them. If we ever actually play together, I'll have to check them out - I keep thinking about trying them, but $400+ for a 7 string set keeps scaring me off. :lol:

eaeolian said:
Hey, I didn't realize your guys used them. If we ever actually play together, I'll have to check them out - I keep thinking about trying them, but $400+ for a 7 string set keeps scaring me off. :lol:

Matt uses Miracle Men in his ESP Horizon, and I think he just ordered a Cold Sweat set for his Kramer. Chris Broderick's tone was pretty much the selling point for him on the pickups.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Matt uses Miracle Men in his ESP Horizon, and I think he just ordered a Cold Sweat set for his Kramer. Chris Broderick's tone was pretty much the selling point for him on the pickups.

I could see that - that's what got me interested, along with a glowing review from Mark Briody from Jag Panzer (which is how Chris got hooked up with him.)

General Zod said:
My take on Iced Earth:

Songs sung by Matt Barlow >>>>>>> 99.99% of all music

Gettysburg Trilogy = Brilliant

Zod

I completely agree with this. People may not like Schaffer, he may be a dick, and he may reuse the same old riffs in some of his songs. But, a lot of IE's old stuff was simply awesome, and in the Gettysburg Trilogy Schaffer has shown that he can still write truly brilliant music.

That being said, I'm quite looking forward to whatever IE can put out in the near future, despite not really being a fan of Ripper's vocals at all, because I'm pretty damn sure that sooner or later Jon's going to recapture that old Iced Earth magic. For a couple of songs at least.