Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

I read some of this thread like 2 years ago, and I didn't like all the Iced Earth bashing, being a massive fan at the time. While I do think Nevermore are more talented, Iced Earth have produced more stuff I enjoy, and Matt Barlow is infinitely better than Warrell Dane. I haven't listened to everything Nevermore has released so my opinion is biased, but I doubt it will change a whole lot if I gave it all a listen.

I've only bought Enemies of Reality (Sneap version) so far, but I really like that one. Everyone will say to get This Godless Endeavor too, and I probably will at some point, but honestly I haven't listened to any Nevermore in a long time.

I have these songs on my iPod:

Narcosynthesis
The River Dragon Has Come
Dead Heart In A Dead World (Edit)
Enemies Of Reality
Ambivalent
I, Voyager
Create The Infinite
Seed Awakening
Born
This Godless Endeavor (Edit)
Moonrise
The Obsidian Conspiracy

And I have heard several more, but didn't care for them.

Those are all newer-ish NM songs. Things were much different before they picked up the 7 string guitars and released all of those albums.

Do yourself a favor and check out Dreaming Neon Black and The Politics of Ecstasy and see what they used to sound like and why they're such a heralded band nowadays. Had those albums not existed and Nevermore came into being with Dead Heart as a debut album, they wouldn't have acquired such acclaim.