My review of Iced Earth live:

TrueBeliever

michael
Jun 8, 2002
london
Opening bands were boring, nothing unique, and low energy. Iced Earth came on with an awful opening song, something off the new cd. Then played "Violate" (a cool song), and some mediocre nonmemorable song off "Dark Saga". Then, "Angel's Holocaust", another cool song, and just as it was getting good, they ruined it by playing another new song. After that, it got decent again when they played "I Died for You 2" and the trilogy off "Dark Saga 2", which wasn't bad. I don't remember the rest, but I was optimistic about the encore, expecting them to play an old song and the self-titled, and then getting the hell off. Instead they had to ruin my night by playing another 5 songs off "Uncle Sam Sodomizes Schaeffer". Being surrounded by drunk rednecks all night didn't help it either.

Some of the songs were cool, but they were only cool because the music was good, the band contributed absolutely nothing. Owens was a joke when he joined Judas Priest and he's still a fucking joke. Schaeffer is the same lazy mediocre guitarist he's always been, and noone cares about the rest of the band. At best, it was the equivalent of seeing an Iced Earth tribute band. My advice, Schaeffer should quit and start his country band, and the rest of the band should get another guitarist (any guitarist who's been playing a couple years can play what Schaeffer does), and continue as an Iced Earth cover band.

High point of the night: a tie between the drunk chicks flashing their breasts and leaving.

JonAgrees.jpg

True Believer, you're talking about the gig at Jaxx last night right?

and to think this show was sold out almost 2 months in advance....
oh well.

Iced Earth were amazing on stage 4 years ago.... when barlow was a part of them, and they had the amazing evergy....

Iced Earth were amazing on stage 4 years ago.... when barlow was a part of them, and they had the amazing evergy....

>> i agree on that. i had the oppurtunity to see them shortly after HS came out (never liked horror show) and it was an amazing concert. if they'd now play on a fest i wouldnt even mind seeing them...

The Jaxx show owned and it is so obvious this guy doesn't know shit of what he's talking about.

He can't even tell the song titles, it is clear he doesn't know the band well enough to make a proper review, doesn't acknowledge the fact that Iced Earth finally had (Richard Chiristy) and has (Bobby Jarzombek) one of the best drummers in ALL of Metal (Richard Christy) and could someone explain to me if this makes sense ...

"Some of the songs were cool, but they were only cool because the music was good, the band contributed absolutely nothing."

... I mean, what the fuck ???

*yawn*

Gahahahhah, Matt, how long have you been waiting for an excuse to post that fucking picture? Brilliant.

That review was pretty incoherent...maybe he meant "songwriting" in the sentence Madkill quoted, but that still doesn't make that much sense.

Oh, and Tim Owens rules. As a matter of fact, he RUKES. Rukes, I say. To use an absolutely horrible metaphor, just because he's been filling two pairs of enormous shoes doesn't mean he doesn't have damn big feet of his own.

See? I told you it was horrible.

Anyway, yeah, my own IE experience was somewhat better, even though they probably played the exact same setlist. Most of the mediocre songs came off a lot better live, and the good songs (Burning Times, Dracula, The Coming Curse, Iced Earth, ANGELS' FUCKING HOLOCAUST) absolutely killed. If only they hadn't played that boring-ass trilogy...good to chill out and listen to at home, not good live. Way too long. Jon's ego again. But overall, worthwhile (especially cause of Evergrey & Children of Bodom).

I THINK RIPPERS DONE A GREAT JOB FILLING BOTH SPOTS. HIS VOICE ABSOLUTELY SLAYS TO ME. BARLOW ROCKED ASS THOUGH. DANTES INFERNO ALL THE WAY. :headbang: :headbang:

im gonna have to go ahead and agree with the fool here. im pretty sure thats how my take on the show wouldve been, except i like CoB (not their new album). IE has become Jon + a few hired hands. its not a band at all. does the casual fan even know the name/history of the bassplayer and other guitarist? and then you have ripper shadow boxing like a fuckin dweeb. lame-ass band.
-neal

TrueBeliever said:
They didn't even play with Bodom or anyone else good, they played with Beyond the Embrace (who was decent) and some band called Trivium whom I didn't like.
i didnt realize CoB wasnt with them anymore. i guess they added extra dates at the end?
-neal

Geeze, Trivium is a band from Orlando Florida, USA. I thought that the Iced Earth show was good, but I am not really a fan of them. I went cause I was bored. Saw it at the Recher. The best performance was by Trivium and I like their music more than the other two bands.