Does Iced Earth still exist?

Lunar Still said:
I love Horror Show. If you don't like the song "Wolf" you don't like metal. PERIOD.

I don't like that song and I love metal.

The song was flat, predictable and sounded uninspired in my opinion.

well the titletrack-epic on TGB is one of the best Iced Earth songs ever but most people here are right, barlow was better. lets see how the next album will be...the first 3 songs of this set abominae-concept are great. anyway does anybody know this DVD they did for TGB?

The Glorious Burdern and ripper owen suck. Jon Shaffer.. I mean iced earth should call it a day.

Jon has written some very great riffs but he's also rehashed a lot. Iced Earth has great moments and a lot of bad ones. Some bands just stay around to long having no idea when to just call it a day. I know it would be hard to give up the only thing you did so maybe bands have the right to eventually ruin their name.

Jon is not good enough or diverse enough as musician to do solo albums. Iced earth will probably be around for the next ten years with revolving members rehashing.

The Greys said:
The Glorious Burdern and ripper owen suck. Jon Shaffer.. I mean iced earth should call it a day.

Jon has written some very great riffs but he's also rehashed a lot. Iced Earth has great moments and a lot of bad ones. Some bands just stay around to long having no idea when to just call it a day. I know it would be hard to give up the only thing you did so maybe bands have the right to eventually ruin their name.

Jon is not good enough or diverse enough as musician to do solo albums. Iced earth will probably be around for the next ten years with revolving members rehashing.

While I think you're totally wrong, after Operation Mindcrime 2, my expectations of this next album are not high.

I had an opportunity to interview Jon last year. He was waiting for the OK from SPV to begin his "Something Wicked" project. His plan, at the time, was to write the first disc, release it, go back in the studio and record disc 2, release that, and then do a massive tour in support of both. However, when we spoke, his first child had been born and he wasn't in much of a hurry.

Zod

I obviously didn't mean it and only said it because he has a big Rotting Christ fanboy sig. You've gone and ruined the funny now though. You lose.

Jon's probably too busy playing with his toy soldier store right now to do any metal.

Møøse said:
Jon's probably too busy playing with his toy soldier store right now to do any metal.

:lol:

He should just go back to school getting a degree in social studies or something. It's obvious that is more important than riffs at this point.

General Zod said:
I had an opportunity to interview Jon last year. He was waiting for the OK from SPV to begin his "Something Wicked" project. His plan, at the time, was to write the first disc, release it, go back in the studio and record disc 2, release that, and then do a massive tour in support of both. However, when we spoke, his first child had been born and he wasn't in much of a hurry.

Zod

I believe he said that there would be 6 months between the records. Do you have a link to your interview?