Iced Earth - Major News!!

Seventh Son

Zero Salvation
Apr 16, 2001
Sydney, Australia
homepage.mac.com
It appears Steve DiGiorgio is no longer a member of Iced Earth. A few weeks back, Jon Schaffer received a fax from management, telling him that DiGiorgio had no intention of touring. Since that was initially a stipulation for the bassist becoming a member of IE, his status on the forthcoming Horror Show has been changed to "guest musician." Needless to say, Schaffer is not very happy, as once again they are searching for a bassist. In the months before an anticipated Fall tour, the band will hit the studio, to record a CD worth of cover songs, including AC/DC, JUDAS PRIEST, BLACK SABBATH, KISS and IRON MAIDEN. Schaffer says this will be part of a multi-disc box set, to commemorate the history of the band, which will include Jim Morris remixes of the first three CDs, with redone artwork and liner notes, period photos, as well as the Enter The Realm demo pressed on CD. The box set is compensation for the Iced Earth back catalog, which the band wants prior to leaving Century Media. The band are currently in serious negotiations with Sanctuary Records, but nothing is definite. Iced Earth's forthcoming blockbuster, Horrorshow, has been postponed a week and will now be out on June 25th.

-- Taken from BraveWords.com

Ah damn. I was hoping this one was going to say `Iced Earth announce upcoming Australian tour. Dates are as follows:

August 1 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
August 2 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
August 3 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre with special guests Megadeth
August 4 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
August 5 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
August 6 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
August 7 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
August 8 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
August 9 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre (extra long 5 hour set with fireworks and a guitar-shaped cake for all those whose birthdays fall on this day)

Yes that would do me juuuust nicely :D
But seriously now, that cover CD they're doing sounds cool. And bass players, they come a dime-a-dozen. Now if it was Matt that was leaving there'd be something to worry about :)

Kem i laughed so hard when i read your post that if i had been drinking milk or something it would have undoubtedly come out my nose :lol:
"special guests megadeth". Classic. haha! Maybe they could also do a show with metallica and slap them into line as well, or at least try and help pull their heads out of their arse.

Is your birthday august 9 Kem?

I dont know what the deal is with steve, i heard that jon only got a fax from steves manager saying he wouldnt tour, so it may have more to do with the manager than steve himself (maybe).

They are going to do an early metallica song on the covers album too (im hoping they cover trapped under ice!) The kiss song is going to be something from the elder album too supposedly.

I might see if jon needs a triangle or tambourine player, id be really good at that i reckon, you know, just as the song ends and the last power chord fades out i go *ting* with my triangle. So metal.

Originally posted by Sydo
But isn't / wasn'tSteve DiGiorgio is a member of Testament? :confused:

Yep i think so :) I think the drummer was from control/denied too.

You are both right. I'm pretty sure Steve is still a member of Testament, and he definitely is still a member of Control Denied. The drummer that Iced Earth have lined up (and I assume he is still "in" the band) is also from Control Denied, his name is Richard Christy.

ICED EARTH DOING A KISS COVER!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I'm a happy chappy!

Hhahahahahhaa

Kiss ...iced earth hmmmm

Lick it up
lick it up aaaaaaaaaaaahaaaahaaahaaahaaaaaa !
you ready to ride the storm

just imagine Matt singing some of kiss's songs

Lets put the X in SEX

AAHAHAHAHHA

From what I can tell, Steve is still apart of Sadus. The band released an album through Magna Carta (a subdivision anyway), of which he is a part.

BTW, anyone what the new drummer is like? As Dracula doesn't really show him off. I bet he won't be as good as Brent Smedley.

Richard Christy is BRILLIANT! Have you heard anything by Death or Control Denied or Burning Inside??? He plays in all them. He is the best death metal drummer in the world in my opinion! Awesome drummer!

If, as Spawn said, the Iced Earth KISS cover is something from the Elder (yay!), my guess would be "The Oath." Matt's voice is ideal for this one.

Re the boxed set: Will the vox on Enter the Realm tracks and the first two albums be re-recorded with the aforesaid Mr Barlow? Then I can flog my copy of Days of Purgatory and just buy the box.

W

Nah they arent rerecording the vox on the first 2 albums apparently, so keep a hold of DOP :) The oath was the song that was mentioned actually (dont know if it will end up being on there, but you never know!)

Originally posted by spawn
Kem i laughed so hard when i read your post that if i had been drinking milk or something it would have undoubtedly come out my nose :lol:
"special guests megadeth". Classic. haha! Maybe they could also do a show with metallica and slap them into line as well, or at least try and help pull their heads out of their arse.

Huh? I was being dead serious. Special guests Megadeth coz they're playing the same night. What...it's not like Iced Earth should be opening to Megadeth! The other way round!

Originally posted by Kem

Huh? I was being dead serious. Special guests Megadeth coz they're playing the same night. What...it's not like Iced Earth should be opening to Megadeth! The other way round!

I laughed cos a/ I AGREE!!! and b/ I knew coops would have something to say about it haha :D
Iced Earth are the greatest band ever. Fact. In my little world anyway :)

If the vox aren't going to be redone, then I hope the covers album comes out separately as well. Based on what I've read about Gene Adams, I'm not sure I want to hear him :). John Greely might be a different story, but to quote the wisdom of the prophet Kem, "Once you've heard Matt, you can never go back."

W (where is the copy of Burnt Offerings I ordered *months* ago, goddammit?)

Originally posted by Wrathchild
If the vox aren't going to be redone, then I hope the covers album comes out separately as well. Based on what I've read about Gene Adams, I'm not sure I want to hear him :). John Greely might be a different story, but to quote the wisdom of the prophet Kem, "Once you've heard Matt, you can never go back."

W (where is the copy of Burnt Offerings I ordered *months* ago, goddammit?)

John isnt too bad actually, gene is...well....not so good :)