Iconoclast spoiler thread

Yeah... but I find that it takes away from the experience when you listen to a leak before receiving the real version.

I know I'm the minority in these situations.

I guess I'm in the minority too. I'm waiting until I have the CD in my hands before I have the pleasure of hearing it in it's entirety. I'm going to ignore the leaks. On the night of the 21st after the kids are in bed I'll put on the headphones and lose myself in Iconoclast. Only 11 more days!!!
:cool:

Oh fuck that...getting it right now.

Update: Jesus christ almighty that fucking title track is good. Beats the fuck out of every Paradise Lost song out there. Easily could have been on V. WOOOOOOooooooHHHHooooo.

Hmm. Tempted to download, but I'm still debating whether I should wait or not. To those who have, how would you rate it? Don't give too much away...

I've heard the title album track and Bastards of the machine so far... And it's awesome. Great. And awesome again.

Does this mean I can finally discuss the album with you people?

Too bad though. I thought for once the album won't leak before release date. But I guess it wasn't too unexpected.

Can't wait to hear the three tracks I've been missing.

Is there a ruling on how much we're allowed to discuss? (In a spoiler thread that is). Obviously no one's going to be giving out illegal download links or anything but if people have heard the songs are we allowed to discuss them in this thread? I'd like to but I'm perfectly happy with waiting until release date if it's against the rules.

Because it's the special edition it looks like early retail leak instead of promo leak.

It does. I agree though, one week prior to release date is not bad. Could've easily been worse.

^ Well I don't think everyone is gonna download it early, so.....please don't give anything away!

You shouldn't be reading a "spoiler" thread then. :)

Is there a ruling on how much we're allowed to discuss? (In a spoiler thread that is). Obviously no one's going to be giving out illegal download links or anything but if people have heard the songs are we allowed to discuss them in this thread?

I'm not sure. :confused:

You shouldn't be reading a "spoiler" thread then. :)

Yeah, you're right. I am curious to see what everyone has to say about it though. I don't think it would ruin it for me before I listen to it myself.

Edit: I also want to know about those 3 on the real version. I've listened to the audio samples on itunes and they sound pretty nifty

easily the best track on the album!

Just heard Reign in Madness: awesome. In order of preference:

1) When All is Lost
2) Iconoclast
3) Reign in Madness

agreed, and I think tracks 3-5 (cd 1) are the weakest ones, in no particular order.

might place iconoclast above when all is lost though.

I've only listened to the album once so far, Iconoclast and When All Is Lost were indeed awesome, but I'll reserve judgement on which I prefer for now.

I loved Bastards Of The Machine though. Wasn't expecting it to be all that good but on first listen I found it better than most of the other tracks.

Iconoclast easily could've been on V? I disagree. Iconoclast (album) sound like PL, only with better songs though. Clearly. :)

I haven't listened to much to the album yet but so far my favourites might be Children and When All is Lost... Iconoclast and Reign in Madness aren't bad either. In fact I think every song is nice at least.

The title track is so fucking amazing. Other than that, Heretic and When All Is Lost stand out for me, although the entire album is great. And those bonus tracks are epic.

Children of a Faceless God, Electric Messiah and Reign in Madness all stand out to me on first listen. Light Up the Night is classic old school Symphony X, which is awesome. The whole CD is like Paradise Lost + V. The three tracks on the second disc are totally worth it, honestly I don't know why they chose those to not be on the single disc. The ONLY problem I have with this album is I feel it is one track too long, because then it could fit on a single CD and I could listen to it in my car without having to switch CDs halfway through :). I would probably drop Heretic if I really had to choose one.

EDIT: No, I think it would be Bastards. There is just nothing that stands out with this song. The music in Heretic is awesome, it's the lack of a solid chorus that brings it down.

Listening to the title track now....friggin awesome. I am a huge PL fan, but they have topped that for sure. I like the balance of aggressive and melodic vocals.

Good lord almighty, the solo section just came on. Romeo is going for the jugular on this one!! I also love that Pinnella is getting some of the limelight again! Rullo gets a bit too! Symphony X rules.